What are you reading?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Tanya: yeah, gotta read em in hardcover or you get ONE read through the paperback before they fall apart. Really sucks, but the books are worth it.

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
I heartily recomend reading this

cornish-blue-pottery-8.jpg

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
Tanya: you should try the Dresden Files, by Jim Butcher. They are a fantasy series, about a modern day wizard that lives in Chicago, and they are AWESOME! :)

Waiting on Doward to finish The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson, so I can read it. In the meantime, I will either finish reading a paranormal romance book my mom gave me, Kiss of Fury, or start plowing my way through The Aeneid by Virgil.

Talk about eclectic reading tastes, eh? LOL

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Laura reads more than God. I swear it!

Read any of Jim Butcher's work - HIGHLY entertaining!

I'm reading Well of Ascension, as Laura stated. I'm a James Patterson fan as well, and read a boatload of his work while in the County Motel ;)

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
DsBetterHalf;1121278 said:
Tanya: you should try the Dresden Files, by Jim Butcher. They are a fantasy series, about a modern day wizard that lives in Chicago, and they are AWESOME! :)

I used to watch the TV series on Sci-Fi, then it stopped being played :(

simpsons7s

Its pronounced Nu-clear..
Oct 9, 2005
Riverside, Ca.
I am currently on a chilton for toyota trucks, I have decided to read through antique chiltons, hayes or other old car manuals I come accross, I also enjoy technical manuals and engineering books with focus on mechanics.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Ever read any Forgotten Realms books? I have just about EVERY one ever published and have read most except for a handfull that are in series that are still not completed yet. I have a 6' tall, 5 shelf bookcase overflowing with nothing but Forgotten Realms books, some are quite rare.

Out of all of the authors I've read from in the Fantasy category, I'd say the current author, Terry Goodkind, is better than any other I've read from thusfar hands down, even better than Ed Greenwood or R.A. Salvatore. I plan on reading the Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan next.

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
IJ.;1121189 said:
I read anything and everything and have most of the King and Koontz books here as well, have to say though I felt cheated with the ending of the Gunslinger series :(

Hahaha, I felt that way at first too about the last Dark Tower book but the more I think about it the better I like that ending :biglaugh:

I thought Sergey Lukyanenkos "Night Watch" was pretty good. Different but good, now I just have "Day Watch" and "Twilight Watch" left.

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
I got about 50 pages through Atlas Shrugged before I wanted to kill myself. Rand is EXTREMELY EXTREMELY ridiculously verbose. I imagine she could probably have cut the book by 70% and the story and point would still be there.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
I've been reading The God Dilusion for quite some time now. Richard Dawkin's does a muilti pronged attack every few pages, which sometimes throws me for a loop and I have to go back and review things so that I understand the concepts he's throwing. It's not an easy read, for sure.

I'm also quickly working my way through The Last Lecture. Quickly being a relative term, of course, lol.

I'm a slow reader... it took me a few days to read The Road.