went to take the diff out and...

7Matt-GE

Nov 18, 2009
Becker, Minnesota
one of the big supporting bolts the ones closest to the drive shaft wont come out but just spins there which leads me to believe whatever it's screwed into broke loose? erm...anyone got a good idea as to what i should do to fix that? i know im gunna have to cut the bolt...but is that frame screwed now? im definitely not to keen on welding as i am noob. :cry:

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
There is a cage around the nut inside the frame and it has probably broken loose.... I had the same thing happen with one of mine. I managed to get the bolt out by heating it up with a oxy acetylene torch then impacting off.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Mine did that as well and no ammount of work would make it come off. It would just spin and spin and spin. I ended up having to cut it off with a sawzall. Now I don't have but one of those bolts holding it in. It's been like that for about two years now.

7Matt-GE

Nov 18, 2009
Becker, Minnesota
hmm im not good with a welder so i think what ill do is cut the bolt off then cut a hole into the frame so i can get at the cage and put a new bolt with nut and washer. this could get interesting simply cause its not on a lift and only jacked up in the rear :p wish me luck guys.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
I'll probably end up doing this as well... my bolt just spins, I had to torque it at an angle so it pins against the welds inside to get any type of resistance.

Don't go to Toyota for rear crossmember, it lists at $1,729.69 :aigo:

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
you are close to quite a few members, contact 92nsx (rob), toyotanos (steve), leacheater, or emiliorescigno (emmilio). all of these guys could/would probably be able help. you could also contact the guys at suprasport in stillwater, as they know our cars pretty good and are usually willing to help out shaun(formerly funkeymonkey58) has even driven all the way to fargo to help me

7Matt-GE

Nov 18, 2009
Becker, Minnesota
oh nice! actually believe it or not it slipped my mind but the next door neighbor to the garage i have my supra stored in has been a toyota mechanic since 1980...i was talking to him a few hours ago and gave me some tips and what to do. he got a pretty big kick at seeing an mk3 sitting infront of him. good times! :) but i will remember this next time i keep forgetting that there are people close to me the ones ive talked to live up near st cloud and such :p.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Beer and pizza...
ftfy, Ian

Really, if you need help give one of us a shout. Not all of us bite (watch out for Jeremy, though- lol)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
toyotanos;1519634 said:
Beer and pizza...
ftfy, Ian

Really, if you need help give one of us a shout. Not all of us bite (watch out for Jeremy, though- lol)

I don't drink alcohol so Pizza is my alternative payment plan ;)
(if everyone that owed me a pizza paid up I'd never have to buy another for as long as I live)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
IJ.;1519689 said:
I don't drink alcohol so Pizza is my alternative payment plan ;)
(if everyone that owed me a pizza paid up I'd never have to buy another for as long as I live)

Plus........the more pizza you eat, the shorter you live. I"m pretty sure something in pizza causes cancer.........everything else does.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
suprahero;1518208 said:
Mine did that as well and no ammount of work would make it come off. It would just spin and spin and spin. I ended up having to cut it off with a sawzall. Now I don't have but one of those bolts holding it in. It's been like that for about two years now.

I also had one do the spin, spin dance this past summer on the turbo I parted out. Only I used I grinder. The entire car was SUPER rusty, inside and out. (hint why I parted it out)

IJ.;1519689 said:

Well since your a dinosaur that is only a couple more years, :p , JK

fixitman04;1518971 said:
you are close to quite a few members, contact 92nsx (Rob), toyotanos (Steve), leacheater Dan, or emiliorescigno (Emilio). all of these guys could/would probably be able help. you could also contact the guys at suprasport in stillwater, as they know our cars pretty good and are usually willing to help out Sean(formerly funkeymonkey58) has even driven all the way to fargo to help me

Fixed it for ya. :p. Yep were all up here, Just Steve is around the Anoka area.

7Matt-GE you planning on swinging by Suprasport this spring for the meet?