Went to dyno...have some Q's.

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
Well, folks, I finally had a chance to run the car on the dyno after installing the SP61GT. Max power was 399.XX and torque was 398.XX on 15 psi. I tried turning on the power to my Profec B, but could only push it to 16 psi and it didn't really make more power. I also didn't hit the HI button because I could only get crappy 91 octane around here! WTF!? Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the tune, pretty much 11.5-11.9 from 3500-6500 RPM and it can be a daily driver again. Plus, the car was still working when we were done!

Here are the questions...EGT (mounted in the #5 runner) would peg to 1400* and not move during the whole run. Is this a normal reading? I just switched it to the runner from the downpipe for more accurate readings. Also, after the first couple of runs, the car would smoke while the rollers were braking on decel, but ONLY on decel not during the run and it would disappear after about 4 seconds. I still have the PCV hooked up, so any thoughts here? It also didn't smoke at all on the drive home, either.

Last thing, I have an HKS DLI and unplugged it to make the RPM signal work right and power actually increased by 5. Maybe this HKS sucker doesn't really do much???

The dyno sheet is actually of the owner's 6.6 Duramax Diesel that I found interesting! Propane injection!!!

Last edited:

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
sounds like you dont have the boost controller hooked up correctly or there is a problem w/ the actuator. what lb spring is in it?
as far as the egt numbers you wont see a huge swing in the numbers during a very brief dyno run unless there is something wrong.

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
Grim: Thanks! I thought the blue complimented the rest of the stuff pretty good.

db: I verified the hook ups with the Greddy site and the spring is a 14 pounder, so that's probably okay. Also, my BC is only about 9 years old...:)

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
Boosted: I couldn't get my graphs yet because his computer would take a crap every time we tried to print and I didn't bring a disk with me. That graph is of his Duramax Diesel on propane...

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
Good numbers, but yours still advertising for Mark Toyota-Volvo on your supra... Take it off... Unless you own the dealer...

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
Looks like the full SP61, not the bolt-on correct? What kind of ex manifold are you running now, since I have your old HKS?

Nice numbers for only 15psi. Get some race gas in there and that SP61 will really wake up at high boost.

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
It's a ceramic coated stock mani...how's everything turning out with that manifold? And as soon as I find some 100 or 104 octane, I plan on cranking it up!

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
Your old HKS mani and my SP59GT is finally going to get installed within a couple of weeks.
Good luck with the high boost, I can't wait to see what it does considering how much power its making at only 15psi.

Boostedstr8six

I have better SA than you
Mar 30, 2005
Near Columbia, the river
CPT Furious said:
Boosted: I couldn't get my graphs yet because his computer would take a crap every time we tried to print and I didn't bring a disk with me. That graph is of his Duramax Diesel on propane...

I guess I missed that part...heh.

Does Sinclair still have 93 octane? I used to feed my car that when I was stationed at Tinker (OKC).

I have to say, that turbo looks much better polished and with the coated hot side and mani. :bigthumb:

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
CPT... Military... I GET IT NOW! :D:D:D

The numbers look GREAT! Get some 104 and turn it up, then come join me on 7Mpower!

Congrats brother!

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
nice job lane. are you running the internally gated version? at 17psi i did 407rwhp and 450rwtq.

i need to head back to the dyno and run 28psi :)

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
I am using the internally gated version for simplicity and packaging. It's kind of interesting just how close my peak horsepower and torque numbers are.