Well, took engine to dyno, catastrophic failure.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I took my car to the dyno last night and my car is done.

The only positive result of the evening is that I did develop 300HP at only 8psi. Unfortunately this would be the high of the evening.

Car developed massive rod knock and failed all together.

Here's the Dyno sheet.

It just seemed that we were revving very high to me. Cn anyone tell from this sheet?

I will go and download my logs later when I get the car flatbedded here and know for sure.
(The motor sounds VERY bad now, clanking and banging, it's very done)

Attachments

• IMG_0109..jpg
    IMG_0109..jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 190

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Damn that sucks, seems like it's runnin a lil lean but can't tell anything else from the dyno sheet.
Hopefully it's something that can be fixed fairly easy.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
It is not going to be an easy fix, I have no illusions about this at all, the motor has massive knock and will no longer run. Just before shutting down for good, it sounded like a couple of hammers inside a dryer at all rpm ranges. I'm trying to get to the thing so I can download the logs here soon.

I am currently trying to find a reasonable long block to replace it.

Bomberillo

Banned
Nov 14, 2008
Lynwood
Its seems as though you have the worst of luck with your car. First a couple built 7ms now this. Where do you find the will to continue building? Good luck on your new longblock.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Well, the car is back on the road with many thanks and only through the very much appreciated efforts of our very own Jeff Lange. I unfortunately did not make it to the PAC NW meet even though I killed myself $$ and physically trying to. But as I have said I am very pleased to be back on the road currently. I unfortunately lost my HKS264 cams to this whole experience which in the end seems to be related to a union bolt that had been modified on the first motor that died that I then unknowingly transferred to the second motor since it resides inside the oil tower on the 2jz. The oil pressure relief valve had been drilled out and the holes up and down the sides welded over for god only knows what reasons.

I guess lesson to be learned here.......if you buy ANY JDM motor from a unknown origin, go through the thing very carefully, every single part.

My new motor has new bearings, seals, rings, oil pump etc. from top to bottom and runs like new because I suppose it essentially is really. Once again thanks to Jeff who literally spent a few of his days off helping me track down the issues, building my bottom end for me and generally letting me annoy him with all my paranoid questions and worries. After 2 failed 2jz this meant alot of paranoia, can ya blame me?

BUT THANKS JEFF, SO APPRECIATED AND i AM GLAD TO BE ABLE TO BE RETURNING SOME OF THE FAVORS BACK.

Jeff ROCKS.