Turbo'd
Jan 6, 2007
Texas
www.cardomain.com
:3d_frown:

p958049_1.jpg

p958049_2.jpg

p958049_3.jpg

I also have the vid, but there isn't really anything to watch. Just a burnout and then me scooting about 5 inches.

Now we are going to be searching for some performance gears for the diff. Anyone know where to get some?

EDIT: idk why I put this in the videos section.

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
More carnage! You are the man, my friend....

Your working your way backwards....is an axle next? ;)

As stated previously, check into Jawsgear for a new ring/pinion etc...

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
Well, at least the driveshaft didn't break again. You running radials on a 5 speed? May consider switching to a bias ply setup. It'll be a lot easier on driveline parts.

suprakid24

Turbo'd
Jan 6, 2007
Texas
www.cardomain.com
bluemkiii;958070 said:
Well that sucks, again lol

Tell me about it, lol. This is the third week in a row that we have been to the track and not made one pass.

lppro;958093 said:
wow... what kind of power are you running?

Somewhere around 500

turbodriz;958098 said:
I b elieve jaws gear sales upgraded diffs.

Thanks, I will look into that

RedEj8;958099 said:
Wow that sucks..Slicks?

M/T street slicks

Sawbladz;958123 said:
That's a new one for me. I would have pointed to other aspect of the driveline to be the weak point.

It was, last week lol

Slow66;958159 said:
More carnage! You are the man, my friend....

Your working your way backwards....is an axle next? ;)

Ahh I hope not

upgradedsupra;958164 said:
I have zero problems with my set-up ;) not to say I won't when I get my new set-up at the track.

Nice Craig!

Duane

Thanks Duane

ForcedTorque;958174 said:
+1

And what RPM are you dumping the clutch?

4000 on the 2 step, and I didn't even dump it really

87mgte;958287 said:
Probably somewhere upwards of ~8k.

negatory, don't even shift that high, I don't even go past the stock redline lol

Last edited:

lilazni3uoy

AEM Powered
Apr 1, 2005
NoRCaL and SoCaL
www.cardomain.com
we sell re-built diff's, but nothing to beef the diff up, because the amount of power your throwing at it the supra diff is just not going to hold, if you do a lot of drag racing, with a lot of power it be wise to do something like what IJ did and put a F9" it's stronger, a big aftermarket support to make the 9" even more strong with the pinion supports, the biggest weakpoint on the mk3 diff's are the ring & pinion,

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Remember also that this diff is probably the original, as in never taken apart. (I know it's not the OEM for this particular car) Am I right as far as that being an old diff Craig? I have had many launches on my set-up and never any problems.

lilazni3uoy;958496 said:
we sell re-built diff's, but nothing to beef the diff up, because the amount of power your throwing at it the supra diff is just not going to hold, if you do a lot of drag racing, with a lot of power it be wise to do something like what IJ did and put a F9" it's stronger, a big aftermarket support to make the 9" even more strong with the pinion supports, the biggest weakpoint on the mk3 diff's are the ring & pinion,

Funny thing is that I keep saying that I run 1.5 and 1.6 60fts and have not any problems. My diff was rebuilt and is OEM spec. I have over 200 passes on it now ;) (Not saying that i won't but I haven't thus far)

I moved this to Drag section also.

Duane

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
Nice... Next trip to Drag strip. Leave a little easyer hu? From everything I have read on here id say you are leving way to hard...In drag racing you want some tire spin off line.. Not alot but spining tires for first 10 feet or so enough... Simple fact Lota HP + LOTA traction = broke parts... no if ands or butts about it...if not rear end gears then axel or drive shaft or clutch exploding... And if you are really Dumping hard @ high RPM's i hope you never have a clutch explode on you.. it wont kill you .. but it damn sure can lame you to were you wont drive a stick again..Anyone ever explode a clutch yet ? Ive only seen a few.. 1 live in a old chevell was watching him as he pullind in parking lot and dumped clutch.. he lost part of his ankel and parts went threw buildings exploding chairs in the restraunt...I was standing there in AWW with a case of beer in my hands...

IJ have pics of his 9 inch rear ?