We should petition to have these guys make coilovers for our cars...

tErbo b00st

Hard Ass
Mar 20, 2007
Iowa City, IA
www.kougakuracing.com
Dylan JZ;1814003 said:
I think I've just been around too many Formula D and Le Mans teams lol.. They make fun of the crazy springrates method all the time. But take into account that they also say some body roll isn't a bad thing :shrug:

A lot of formula D guys run no rear sway and soft front sway.

but there isn't really a right or wrong.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
tErbo b00st;1814120 said:
A lot of formula D guys run no rear sway and soft front sway.

but there isn't really a right or wrong.

Agreed, and yeah there are a few that run none.. I was listening the other day, and a few of my buddies were saying Chris Forsberg was experimenting for a while (I guess) with different sways/ no sway.

Last edited:

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
figgie;1813839 said:
Why hasn't anyone mentioned custom valved Bilsteins?

I never undertstood the facination with adjusting dampening and rebound (with massive crosstalk until you get to the pro-coilovers from Penske etc) and all other parametners without even having a baseline shock dyno graph to show what it is actually doing.

Because custom valved Konis are: cheaper, more widely available, same quality, and more folks work on them. make sense?

I originally wanted Bilsteins (that inner Toyota purist part of me) until I inquired at several rally shops about rebuilding my coilovers, and that answer was the same one I received at every shop.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
The shop I had build the Koni coilovers for my car have an inhouse Shock Dyno so were able to baseline the valving, I adjusted them once then let them be as it wasn't a race car and I wasn't chasing 1/10's on a circuit.