walked a Cobra!

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
The whole time we were heading to "mexico" I just knew the Cobra was going to kill me bad. It was a 97 Cobra with a Vortech supercharger super clean car btw. We started at a 20 roll with my car in 2nd a he started pullin.... then my car came alive and pulled by him around 50 and it was just bus lengths after that lmao! Was a great win but that car should have raped mine.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Nice kill I was expecting it to go the other way, no offense to the supra but I was expecting the cobra to get pulled on early on because of loss of traction then pull you hard. But either way nice. Rep that ct

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Well done man. Not everyone will thrash every last ounce of performance out of a car, so the win might have been due to the Cobra owner being scared to push his car. By all rights, the LS1 Camaros I've run against up here should have had me pretty easy, but it seems people are too scared to keep the rpm's in the red...

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I don't buy this for a second. An S trim on 6lbs with a conservative tune will make ~400rwhp. 100ish wheel over what you're making and you've got a few hundred pounds on him? Forget about it. I pulled a healthy CT car on 14lbs in my bone stock 96 from a 50 roll. Hard. There's really no chance that you could actually beat that car. He should have walked you even if he started in fourth gear. lol

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Something doesn't add up but idk i have the same mods on my car as you do but im on 12psi. But idt my car could run a 13.4 lol but idk

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
1997 Cobra's are slow slow slow. I don't know where this magical 400 horsepower is coming from. They only made 305 to the crank. That's a long ways from 400. The op never said anything about it being modded heavily.
When my 1991 white package was stock, I used to race cobras and stay neck and neck with them all day. I was on 11 psi with the stock ct26 and never got RAPED by a mustang. I lost a couple but won way more than that. This story isn't too hard to believe for me.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
It's got a blower on it Jay. That car should be about a second and at least 5MPH faster than his Supra.

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
Yup...that gen cobra was sssssssslow :)

My aunt had a cobra convertible...and I also had a white supra :)

Stock cobra vs supra with exhaust...supra always came out on top

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
Flame On! lol

The Cobra was a non intercooled B head 32 valve car. Other then a FMU and a 255lph pump it was stock, no tune. As far as my mods go, whats in my sig is all I have done. The Cobra rolls out good but not as good as my car. Ive beat a few bolt on LS1 cars, and kept up with a Pullied/tuned Terminator car on the streets, I think it realy just comes down to the driver alot of the time.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Quin;1751670 said:
I don't buy this for a second. An S trim on 6lbs with a conservative tune will make ~400rwhp. 100ish wheel over what you're making and you've got a few hundred pounds on him? Forget about it. I pulled a healthy CT car on 14lbs in my bone stock 96 from a 50 roll. Hard. There's really no chance that you could actually beat that car. He should have walked you even if he started in fourth gear. lol

My car has been lightened a little but still shouldnt be as heavy as a SN95.... And Im sure he should have beat me but guess what...... he didnt lol.

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
NO FUCKING WAY, a shitty 1st gen 32valve 4.6, with a NON-INTERCOOLED, shitty, baby vortech is trapping 115-120, and the fact you put a 5mph range on a car's setup shows your lack of knowledge. A GOOD friend of mine has a pullied, ported, and tuned terminator with full bolt ons damn near runs 11.49@119, and that car will out dig, and out roll ANY local 400whp car around here. We've taken out a singled 13b fd3s with full standalone, from a roll at that. This guy is legit, if he had a healthy 7m car with decent mods, he could beat a cobra with a power robbing SC (thats shitty from the get-go) and NO tune at all. You guys are acting like he's rolling out on some sort of beast.

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
Supra_Villan;1752153 said:
This guy is legit, if he had a healthy 7m car with decent mods, he could beat a cobra with a power robbing SC (thats shitty from the get-go) and NO tune at all. You guys are acting like he's rolling out on some sort of beast.

Thanks man, and to Quin you must still be a Mustang nut swinger to get all bent outta shape like you are.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
I don't understand why people decide to be all like.. BULLSHIT RAWR BLAH BLAH. Big deal, if you won you won. Who cares. If you lied you lied, big deal. Lets bring out the shotgun and shoot people over it? Not?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
There won't be any bitching and whining going on in here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion without being called a liar or a nut swinger. Keep it civil or I will hunt you down and kill you in your sleep. It's your choice.

I personally don't believe that mustang makes 400rwhp. I'm not going to tell Quinn that it can't though, because I'm not a mustang guru. All I know about cobras is they look very tiny in my rear view mirror. The '03 and '04 cobras are pretty strong, but the earlier ones are a joke in my opinion. Carry on.

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
Sorry bout the name callin man, but I just hate being called a liar. But back on topic... he can belive what he wants I know and the mustang guy knows what went on. Guess I'll get video next time or a list of witnesses lol.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Okay so... Maybe I'm not done lol

lowtaco;1751957 said:
kept up with a Pullied/tuned Terminator

Supra_Villan;1752153 said:
NO FUCKING WAY, a shitty 1st gen 32valve 4.6, with a NON-INTERCOOLED, shitty, baby vortech is trapping 115-120, and the fact you put a 5mph range on a car's setup shows your lack of knowledge. A GOOD friend of mine has a pullied, ported, and tuned terminator with full bolt ons damn near runs 11.49@119, and that car will out dig, and out roll ANY local 400whp car around here. We've taken out a singled 13b fd3s with full standalone, from a roll at that. This guy is legit, if he had a healthy 7m car with decent mods, he could beat a cobra with a power robbing SC (thats shitty from the get-go) and NO tune at all. You guys are acting like he's rolling out on some sort of beast.

First off, read better. Second, non intercooled S trim cars have gotten into the 10s, so yeah, they can trap over 115. But, that's not what I was talking about. Third, I'd hope your buddy's port, pulley and tune car can out run a 400whp car, because it should be making at least 500. But then again, it sounds like your buddy's car runs like shit if it's only trapping 119. My cousin's car traps 117 with a 2.76 upper, cat back and can tune. If you think a 5MPH range is bad, you clearly don't know much about those cars. Times and traps are inconsistent to say the least.

lowtaco;1752199 said:
Thanks man, and to Quin you must still be a Mustang nut swinger to get all bent outta shape like you are.

I'm not, nor was I ever. I've been in both communities for 5+ years and I have a pretty solid grip on what both cars will and will not do. Gimme some more info on your buddy's setup! I could definitely see you edging him out at 120+ but not from at 50, and not by bus lengths for damn sure! (Okay, maybe after he hit fifth... Fifth gear for a T45 is ridiculous. The car completely falls on it's face, even if you wind fourth all the way out lol)

Vid or it didn't happen!

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
Quin;1752362 said:
Okay so... Maybe I'm not done lol

First off, read better. Second, non intercooled S trim cars have gotten into the 10s, so yeah, they can trap over 115. But, that's not what I was talking about. Third, I'd hope your buddy's port, pulley and tune car can out run a 400whp car, because it should be making at least 500. But then again, it sounds like your buddy's car runs like shit if it's only trapping 119. My cousin's car traps 117 with a 2.76 upper, cat back and can tune. If you think a 5MPH range is bad, you clearly don't know much about those cars. Times and traps are inconsistent to say the least.

I'm not, nor was I ever. I've been in both communities for 5+ years and I have a pretty solid grip on what both cars will and will not do. Gimme some more info on your buddy's setup! I could definitely see you edging him out at 120+ but not from at 50, and not by bus lengths for damn sure! (Okay, maybe after he hit fifth... Fifth gear for a T45 is ridiculous. The car completely falls on it's face, even if you wind fourth all the way out lol)

Vid or it didn't happen!
I was very drunk last night, and my interest has went waaaay down, but i will say his car trapped 121, not 119 lol. Not sure how i confused it. But enjoy being king-bench race.