Waiting

dylan

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2006
quebec
I have a problem with the practice of people waiting to see if your postal money order,cheque,etc. clears before shipping their goods.You are suppose to trust them to send the goods but they will not trust that the cheque will clear.Hell I have had my money tied up for a month and am still waiting for a safc.people should start stateing they are not going to ship till the money clears and then a choice can be made... I have yet to be ripped off by a supra owner and if we all stick together I never will be....Waiting....Later Barry

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
barry said:
I have a problem with the practice of people waiting to see if your postal money order,cheque,etc. clears before shipping their goods.You are suppose to trust them to send the goods but they will not trust that the cheque will clear.Hell I have had my money tied up for a month and am still waiting for a safc.people should start stateing they are not going to ship till the money clears and then a choice can be made... I have yet to be ripped off by a supra owner and if we all stick together I never will be....Waiting....Later Barry

Barry,

Please stop posting this off topic stuff in the buyer/seller feedback section.

I moved your last post to off-topic.

I'm moving this one as well.

This section is for feedback on specific people and specific transactions, not general discussion on buying and selling.

Regards,

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Why should some one trust some one they do not even know. I would never send anything out until the payment is cleared. Unless I personally know the person then I might consider it. I will not trust anyone just because they say they can be trusted.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
cool, i'll buy your car off you for 8 bajillion dollars. i'll send you a check in the mail, and pick up the car tomorrow.

then when i get home, and register the car in my name, i'll cancel that check, and have a free car. :) cool!

A

ArthurRitus

shaeff said:
cool, i'll buy your car off you for 8 bajillion dollars. i'll send you a check in the mail, and pick up the car tomorrow.

then when i get home, and register the car in my name, i'll cancel that check, and have a free car. :) cool!

Isn't that how we all got our supras? DUHH
some people just might never get with the program.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
The ONE time that I agreed to cross ship - he sent me a money order, I sent him the goods, AND I knew him rather well, or so I thought, he 'got in a argument with his wife, who wouldn't let him pay until he'd inspected the goods'. As this was an overseas shipment via slow boat, I was out my money for about 3 months. And he changed the deal AFTER I'd shipped.

This system makes for the least number of rip offs. However, even with this system, we still get some.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
it's common on ebay, ect to wait for the check to clear before sending the goods.

you want it faster? use paypal, that's why it was invented...

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
BorHor said:
Why should some one trust some one they do not even know. I would never send anything out until the payment is cleared. Unless I personally know the person then I might consider it. I will not trust anyone just because they say they can be trusted.

Don't you owe me $400?

asshole

:biglaugh:

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
BorHor said:

Some how the buyer is supposed to to trust the seller though? You act like the buyer has no option and is expected to send money blindly and trust the other person.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Well if you don't trust the person don't buy it. Simple as that. Thats why people ask for pictures.. And also why we have a feed back system. He was asking how long it should take to get a item after he sends money.. I was answering his question.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Scamming someone when you are the seller is less likely - you have to actually have the part, a camera to take pictures of the part, enough internet savvy to post said pictures here, and have a fair bit of reputation to be able to post items for sale here.

It would seriously take months to build up an account to the point that you could scam someone, and then you're going to get, what, a couple hundred bucks?

That's not a recipe for how to make a living scamming people on the internet. Which is why it doesn't happen very often.

Now on the other hand, if we had it set up the other way around, how would that make sense? The Buyer would need to establish a reliable relationship before he's allowed to respond to for sale threads, so that he could have the parts shipped to him for inspection before paying. That's a LOT more work for the staff, because now instead of having to read every new thread to check for the proper qualifications, they have to read every response inside the threads.

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
Grim jack scammed me when i sold him my PWR Radiator....lol jk, he didnt scam me, it was the fuckin postal service with their RAPIST delivery charge.

Jeez...i almost poo'd a lil when i saw how much it cost me to ship!

dylan

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2006
quebec
BorHor said:
Well if you don't trust the person don't buy it. Simple as that. Thats why people ask for pictures.. And also why we have a feed back system. He was asking how long it should take to get a item after he sends money.. I was answering his question.
The question was how long to wait after your cheque has been cashed(cleared) ..........Later Barry