Waffles vs. Pancakes vs. French Toast

Waffles or Pancakes?

• Total voters

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
I cant believe only 4 said French toast! OMG, it beats the stuffing out of pancakes and is way easier to make than Waffles. I make mine with a dash of cinnamon and sugar, and a splash of vanilla! Drowned in butter and syrup....DROOL!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
theWeezL said:
I cant believe only 4 said French toast! OMG, it beats the stuffing out of pancakes and is way easier to make than Waffles. I make mine with a dash of cinnamon and sugar, and a splash of vanilla! Drowned in butter and syrup....DROOL!

Preach it brother. That's nothing but the damn truth. French toast is my absolute favorite...............lol

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Here's the ultimate reason why you just can't beat waffles: crisp to fluff ratio

Look at both pancakes and french toast - limp surface and core.

Contrast that with waffle - crisp on the outside (even with maple syrup and butter) and fluffy in the center.

Debate over!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
LouKY said:
Here's the ultimate reason why you just can't beat waffles: crisp to fluff ratio

Look at both pancakes and french toast - limp surface and core.

Contrast that with waffle - crisp on the outside (even with maple syrup and butter) and fluffy in the center.

Debate over!

Not when I make french toast baby! if you have the pan temp just right 9I prefer cooking over gas rather than electric) and use a healthy coat of butter in the bottom of the pan before you add the "toast"...it gets this real nice carmelized butter crunch to the surfaces...yes it must be served immediately but I like to take the toast right from the pan and cut em into little sticks, dip em in syrup, and eat em while Im making the next slice!

OMG...Im sooo craving some right now...UGH!

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Not a fan of breakfast foods, but I will eat any of those three mentioned in the poll.
I must say though, that a strawberry belgian waffle does sound particularly appetizing...

Silvasoup

May 12, 2005
Florida
Crisp waffles,well done sausage links ftw. As a matter fact I think I'll go to the Waffle House in a little while. :drool:

Back...great breakfast at the waffle house, but no links only patties (boo).

Last edited:

meggs521

Apr 6, 2005
South Bend
I think I'm going to make some french toast right now.

French toast is probably my favorite, but I don't know if it was an option when I voted... or maybe I voted for it. I don't remember because it was so long ago.

But even though french toast is my favorite, I still have days where I'd take either pancakes or waffles over them. But usually I'm undecided on what I want and I have some else make the decision.

-edit-

I just realized I could vote again. Or maybe I didn't vote the first time. I thought I did, but I really have no idea... Maybe I was undecided with the original 2 options. But FT FTW.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
meggs521 said:
I think I'm going to make some french toast right now.

French toast is probably my favorite, but I don't know if it was an option when I voted... or maybe I voted for it. I don't remember because it was so long ago.

But even though french toast is my favorite, I still have days where I'd take either pancakes or waffles over them. But usually I'm undecided on what I want and I have some else make the decision.

-edit-

I just realized I could vote again. Or maybe I didn't vote the first time. I thought I did, but I really have no idea... Maybe I was undecided with the original 2 options. But FT FTW.

Hey Meggs, my address is 159 marklund rd. sumiton al. Please send me some of your soon to be famous french toast. I will then see if Weezl can send some to the same addy and I will compare the two of them................:biglaugh:

Weezl, I too like to dip them in syrup instead of pouring it all over them.......lol

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
french toast with cheese in the middle and raspberry jap on top is amazing! i just had some, it makes me giggle! :icon_bigg