w58 to r154 swap mk3 supra driveline what parts swap?

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
the master and hardlines are the same, as there body mounted and have nothing to do with the trans really. for crossmember im unsure, last swap i did (auto to r154) the trans still had its crossmember attached.

for driveshaft you only need the front half, the rear sections are all the same.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I've swapped over.

Clutch master is fine. Hardline is fine, too, but you'll need the softline from the chassis to the slave cylinder.

You'll need the driveshaft, and if you want your speedo to be correct, you'll need a matching differential. The W58 would have come with a 4.300:1, and the R154 with a 3.909:1 ('87-'88) or a 3.727:1 ('89-'92) or a 4.100:1 (JZA70)

The mounting plates from the block to the bellhousing are different, too, so you'll need those.

By crossmember, I assume you mean the rear transmission mount. That is different, but if you have the mount on the transmission, the mounting points to the chassis are the same. I had zero issues bolting the R154 to my NA chassis. Same with the driveshaft center bearing, no issues.

Chrisco

Build in Progress
Jan 4, 2009
Downers Grove, IL
To add to this...

I'm currently swapping in an R154 in place of the stock W58. I purchased the Driftmotion R154 braided stainless "soft line" to go from the stock hard line to the slave cylinder, however it won't work. The braided line has two female ends on it, one of which looks like it will work to mate up to the stock hard line, but the other end won't mate up to the slave cylinder because there is no fitting on the slave cylinder; it's just a threaded port. Temporarily I threaded the original W58 slave soft line into the R154 slave cylinder so that air wouldn't get into the system... but I'm wondering if I'm missing something? Has anyone else had a problem with the driftmotion R154 slave line? Is there a fitting missing from my R154 Salve cylinder?

Don't mean to thread hi-jack, I figured my question could help out the OP as well.