Vent Visors

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
I have exhausted all means of purchasing any Vent Visor , Rain Guard for our Supras. The JDM Rain Guards in a word look like an awning to me. I prefer the smoked plastic Vent Visor version.

It seems we have many members making, or having specialty pieces made. I was just wondering how many would be interested in a Vent Visor type product ?

Then we need to find someone to produce it.

Chime in ^^^^

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
are you talking about rain graud that really work or some thign els

i have skect and such of ture rain grauds i plan to amke them one fo these dasy mabye some time in the spring

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Nash

I am talking about this type...

avs_ventvisor.gif

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
Davismj711;1199869 said:
I have these on my other cars. They do a nice job of cutting wind noise with window down about 1/2 inch. It is also nice on a rainy day to crack the window some, helps equalize cabin humidity and keep windows clear.

that's a definite plus, i hate when the windows get foggy.

with frameless windows how would the rain guards work? i've only seen them on doors with full window frames.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
Davismj711;1199896 said:
Clip

These attach with a 3M double sided tape. Actually very durable.
I am guessing you have a Targa, as on my hardtop they would be attached to the black trim around the window frame.

i've put them on trucks and cars before, but i was wondering how much they'd overhang. if they hang over as much as others ive seen they wouldnt let the door open (window clearance).

and i've got a hardtop, just wondering how these will let the door open and close naturally.

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Clip

After all that looking, you made me look again at that clearance issue.

You are spot on, you would need to lower window in order to open door. A scenario that would leave many of us with broken visors.

I am not sure which is worse, not being able to find any, or realizing why I can't.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
oh you can

who whould be intresed if i made a set for our cars

all ready have it drawn up did test fit

have yet to drive wiht it on thou but who be intrested

just think no more wet lap

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
i am definitely interested in a rain guard for Targa models.... if they can be made. it sucks when it rains because when i smoke, water pours in and soaks my pants.
-pete

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Davismj711;1199996 said:
Clip

After all that looking, you made me look again at that clearance issue.

You are spot on, you would need to lower window in order to open door. A scenario that would leave many of us with broken visors.

I am not sure which is worse, not being able to find any, or realizing why I can't.

This is likely the reason they were never made. (Aside from the JDM units that don't work that well)

There IS a way around the window deal, though. Have you ever been in an e36 BMW 3 series? They have a special way of sealing the windows. When you pull the door handle, the window moves down about 1/4", and when the door closes, it rolls back up to create an airtight seal.

It's done using a microswitch on the door latch connected to the chassis. You'd have to make the window roll down a bit more than the e36 does, but it would certainly work if you wanted it that bad.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
shaeff;1200216 said:
This is likely the reason they were never made. (Aside from the JDM units that don't work that well)

There IS a way around the window deal, though. Have you ever been in an e36 BMW 3 series? They have a special way of sealing the windows. When you pull the door handle, the window moves down about 1/4", and when the door closes, it rolls back up to create an airtight seal.

It's done using a microswitch on the door latch connected to the chassis. You'd have to make the window roll down a bit more than the e36 does, but it would certainly work if you wanted it that bad.

never seen that, that's genius

soundwave2000

Tenshou Getsuga
Sep 30, 2007
Somerville Tn.
shaeff;1200216 said:

Still leaves the problem of when you push on the outside of the door to close it. Some people, myself included, have a bad habit of using the window to close it when i get out, again having the same issue.