Upper front negative Camber Control arms

genesis195

Apr 19, 2010
Calgary
Anyone know of a cheap/ good brand of control arms? I need them to be negative camber, or adjustable would be even better. All I can find is Ikeya formula, which is probably the best out there. But I dont have a 1k to fork out for it.. I'm looking at a price range of roughly $500 for the pair>

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You can adjust the stock arms enough? They adjust pertty far even with lowering. Never seen anything else and there a few people on here drifting with out them.

genesis195

Apr 19, 2010
Calgary
hvyman;1653376 said:
You can adjust the stock arms enough? They adjust pertty far even with lowering. Never seen anything else and there a few people on here drifting with out them.

Ya, my stock ones are fully adjusted already. I need even more.. thing is because my bbk won't clear my wheel so i need to push the wheel out even more.. however my wheel is already running insane offset hence i need to camber and spacer it... eff

IJ.;1653377 said:
JIC make them.

Will look into it.

to all : please help !! i need more suggestions and choices ><'' thanks!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
If your big brake kit wont clear the wheel negitive camber will not fix that. Both the wheel and the rotor/caliper are mounted on the hub. You need a bigger wheel to solve that.

Camber makes both the tire wear on the inside edge and make it look like a honda where its slammed and cant do anything about going through tires every 4k miles. The rotor is on that same angle. Adding more camber is adding the same amount of camber to the rotor as to the wheel.

Basically if your problem is your bbk not clearing your wheel you need bigger wheel. Then get your car properly aligned by a quality mechanic.

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
If you are in desperate need of more camber you may be able to move the lower control arm mount on the subframe. You would need some fabrication skill to do this safely. Otherwise you are left with either making your own custom control arms, or JIC

genesis195

Apr 19, 2010
Calgary
hvyman;1653460 said:
If your big brake kit wont clear the wheel negitive camber will not fix that. Both the wheel and the rotor/caliper are mounted on the hub. You need a bigger wheel to solve that.

Camber makes both the tire wear on the inside edge and make it look like a honda where its slammed and cant do anything about going through tires every 4k miles. The rotor is on that same angle. Adding more camber is adding the same amount of camber to the rotor as to the wheel.

Basically if your problem is your bbk not clearing your wheel you need bigger wheel. Then get your car properly aligned by a quality mechanic.

When I post pictures of my supra, you will probably be the first to flame me :p

supraguru05;1653854 said:
If you are in desperate need of more camber you may be able to move the lower control arm mount on the subframe. You would need some fabrication skill to do this safely. Otherwise you are left with either making your own custom control arms, or JIC

JIC has them discontinued =/

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
There is only one answer here - there really is not any "off the shelf" adjustable upper control arms for MA70.

The available options are:

1. Cut your stock arms and weld them (requires a very very trusty welder ,some calculations ,etc). I did this on my car and have some "-3 arms" in my garage. I described the process in this thread

2. Purchase some widely available and fairly cheap "hot rod" products. You can then make UCAs similar to my current arms (camber and castor adjustment). A good source would be HRP . The bad news here is that these would never fit the MA70 spindle ,and my personal experience in doing ream was not fun at all...

3. Find a fabricator and get him to make you custom UCA or LCA ,there are many reasons why I would choose the custom LCA for MA70 but this is a little more in the field of advanced suspension setup ;)

4. Do yourself a favor and do not bother with 1-3 ,get some cool wide fenders and forget about the kewl looking negative camber ;)

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

IJ.;1653377 said:
JIC make them.

As someone else mentioned ,JIC discontinued the product in 2007. When I checked in the beginning of 2008 there were not any remaining JIC inventory even in Japan. That all said ,there might be a pair left at a JIC Dealer somewhere around the world ,or a used one perhaps...

genesis195

Apr 19, 2010
Calgary
LordDigital;1653948 said:
There is only one answer here - there really is not any "off the shelf" adjustable upper control arms for MA70.

The available options are:

1. Cut your stock arms and weld them (requires a very very trusty welder ,some calculations ,etc). I did this on my car and have some "-3 arms" in my garage. I described the process in this thread

2. Purchase some widely available and fairly cheap "hot rod" products. You can then make UCAs similar to my current arms (camber and castor adjustment). A good source would be HRP . The bad news here is that these would never fit the MA70 spindle ,and my personal experience in doing ream was not fun at all...

3. Find a fabricator and get him to make you custom UCA or LCA ,there are many reasons why I would choose the custom LCA for MA70 but this is a little more in the field of advanced suspension setup ;)

4. Do yourself a favor and do not bother with 1-3 ,get some cool wide fenders and forget about the kewl looking negative camber ;)

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

As someone else mentioned ,JIC discontinued the product in 2007. When I checked in the beginning of 2008 there were not any remaining JIC inventory even in Japan. That all said ,there might be a pair left at a JIC Dealer somewhere around the world ,or a used one perhaps...

Thank you, much appreciated. I have a "budget" that is laughable for this. i wanted some fenders but it will murder me since i'll need to repaint my car cause my car's previous owner did a custom paint job on it... Fabricating sounds amazing, but again i'll have to sell my organs for that. cutting and welding.. i would never do it as the degree of failure is way to high.. and i wont' trust it. Chances are I'll opt for the ikeya formula one's if all else fails...

genesis195

Apr 19, 2010
Calgary
^ i went to rhdjapan.. but i think i messed up on the search. My friend who's into this stance stuff can't find anything at all.. I'm kinda screwed. might have to sketch it and get it fabricated. I got a set of wilwoods that won't clear!!! and i need these arms + spacers for it to go! god damn it...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
There's a group buy for the S2 front fenders for our cars on here... From the sounds of it, that's your cheapest option, to go with carbon fiber (so the paint is somewhat of a non-issue) fenders. Not to mention it'd look badass. ;)

genesis195

Apr 19, 2010
Calgary
te72;1654426 said:
There's a group buy for the S2 front fenders for our cars on here... From the sounds of it, that's your cheapest option, to go with carbon fiber (so the paint is somewhat of a non-issue) fenders. Not to mention it'd look badass. ;)

Can't quite find the group buy thread..... mind linking it to me? LOL thanks. Might go with that option. Right now a friend in japan is helping me source out the JIC arms. He's got a lead and can get them.. but there's a few others that want it as well.. so i'm just sitting tight to see how that goes.

genesis195;1654549 said:
Can't quite find the group buy thread..... mind linking it to me? LOL thanks. Might go with that option. Right now a friend in japan is helping me source out the JIC arms. He's got a lead and can get them.. but there's a few others that want it as well.. so i'm just sitting tight to see how that goes.

If he can find more I'd be willing to compensate him for his time and effort :)

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Attention straight line Supramania, negative camber can also be a PERFORMANCE UPGRADE. Our cars are boats, negative camber is helpful for autocrossers, road racers and drifters. Getting widebody fenders is not a solution to the OP's question. WE NEED NEGATIVE CAMBER. I'd compare getting widebody fenders to solve negative camber as to getting fake Brembo brake covers to solve brake pad fade.

BTW I am also extremely interested in some more camber so I appreciate the HELPFUL responses.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
These cars like neg camber and there is a lot of room. But proper wheel fitment would be required to use lots of neg camber without its looking ridicules. Also camber is never going to solve a bbk not fitting. The wheels will tho. Spacers might work if its only hitting the spoke and not the barrel. If its the barrel you need bigger wheels.

genesis195

Apr 19, 2010
Calgary
Mod can close thread or leave it open if see fit. My drift/ stance/ mech guru has a buddy in Japan. Much like my previous post, he has successfully sourced out a set of JIC's for me (or so he says, i've even given him the payment so i better get the goods ><'').
Anyways apparently it wasn't difficult at all. All he did was use good old yahoo japan auctions. (problem is yahoo japan only works within japan/ you must have Japanese residence. You can also use sourcing companies but will cost you $$$$$$)

rtrdpenguin;1654755 said:
If he can find more I'd be willing to compensate him for his time and effort :)

I'll Pm you his contact.

7Mboost;1655127 said:
Attention straight line Supramania, negative camber can also be a PERFORMANCE UPGRADE. Our cars are boats, negative camber is helpful for autocrossers, road racers and drifters. Getting widebody fenders is not a solution to the OP's question. WE NEED NEGATIVE CAMBER. I'd compare getting widebody fenders to solve negative camber as to getting fake Brembo brake covers to solve brake pad fade.

BTW I am also extremely interested in some more camber so I appreciate the HELPFUL responses.

Thanks for clearing things up!

hvyman;1655157 said:
These cars like neg camber and there is a lot of room. But proper wheel fitment would be required to use lots of neg camber without its looking ridicules. Also camber is never going to solve a bbk not fitting. The wheels will tho. Spacers might work if its only hitting the spoke and not the barrel. If its the barrel you need bigger wheels.

My bbk clears the barrel no problem. But it's hitting the spokes. Hence i need spacers. But with spacers my wheels will be out of my fender hence the logical way is to get a wide body fender. However, if I got with this, i'll need to repaint the fender and hence repaint the car, which will go WAY over budget. So by getting negative camber arms, i can camber the front even more making them able to tuck into the already pulled and rolled fenders. Yes the front will be cambered an obscene amount, but hell it will look mad sick LOL. And yes my mk3 is just mainly for looks (daily driver), maybe... a bit of tracking/ drifting but I highly doubt my skills.

rtrdpenguin;1655193 said:
Some of us want negative camber for more than "proper wheel fitment"

Looking at your supra, ya.. you know what i'm talking about ;) but your beast is lower then mine! so jealous LOL.