*UPDATE* How a crappy week turns into a shitty weekend

dslocal

Nov 9, 2008
slo
o btw looked at my parts car today and I have the piece of trim you need in the correct color and I think it's in pretty good shape. I'll pull it off if your interested.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
im very much so interested PM me pics and we'll go from there. And careful not to bend it im sure you know about the Pre89 metal trim thingy.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Ooooh yeah! Details! What's gonna happen to him? Make sure they press some kind of hit and run charge on him. Chances are you won't get any money out of him if he doesn't have insurance. Unless you take him to court for any out of pocket expenses. You'll need to find out if he does have insurance, and report it to your insurance company. Good luck.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Suprapowaz!(2);1606867 said:
Ooooh yeah! Details! What's gonna happen to him? Make sure they press some kind of hit and run charge on him. Chances are you won't get any money out of him if he doesn't have insurance. Unless you take him to court for any out of pocket expenses. You'll need to find out if he does have insurance, and report it to your insurance company. Good luck.

Well my dad was on the phone with the Police, and they asked him what he wanted to do. My dad told me that they were going to Summon him so i guess that means we are going to court? He had insurance just not on THAT Honda Odyssey he was driving when he hit my car. They told me he can be charged with Leaving and Failure to Exchange information. Thats where we stand right now.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
*Update*

Show me the money BITCH!
Looks like the guy shot himself in the foot thinking he would just not show up and nothing would happen. Police came back to us and is sending their Report over to my Insurance. My Insurance is going to go to the guys insurance, and apparently we arent going to owe anything. The insurance guy is coming to look at the damage next week. My dad is still not satisfied and wants to take the guy to small claims court so i guess we'll see how that goes.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
So the Adjuster said the damage will cost around $1500-$2200 to repair, just waiting for the other guys insurance to approve of it. I didnt say anything but my dad just stood there "that sounds about right" haha

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
So the other guys Isurance denied to pay for the damages, thats ok though. The guy told me he would give me the $1000 to fix the car. Well my dad told him if he gives us the $1000 my dad wont show up at court on his court date. So the guy told us he would give us the money. Well the entire month of october he had and never called back or anything. So its all good we have a court date set, this is for not giving us his information. On top of that the information he gave us after the police contacted him was false so strike two. So had to go through my insurance for uninsured motorist. Got my check and got the rear trim piece i needed finally, and the driver side taillight gasket. I dropped the car off at the body shop today. So for now im stuck driving my dads Eclipse RS (Real Shitty). Getting my targa top done at the same time as well, so total came to $773. Not to bad my dad isnt worried since he keeps on telling me hes going to get that money from that guy one way or the other. Apparently if he doesnt show up to court we still get our money. So this will be interesting.

Beefy_Heafy

Toyota Love
Nov 9, 2009
South East Qld
wow i didnt know u had this whole thread going on. no wonder u dont have any updates on ur turbo a replica thread
sounds like the guy who his ur car has some serious shit going on. mabye he murdered someone or did something real bad somewhere else in the past :s

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Stopped by the shop to see how things were progressing....

p1639080_1.jpg

:D

Cant wait to see how it looks after a full detail.