UPDATE Another Rustang trying to hot rod gets t-boned by me PICS INSIDE

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
Well, I am coming down a two lane road, I am in the left lane. Just as I get there, mustang decides to bust a ubey in front of me, which isn't all that bad until he tries to drift it around, almost all the way around where I t-bone him in the driver's side fender and door. This all happened in front of his little rustang posse of whom he was to impress no doubt. His car wouldn't even start without some sort of first aid to the battery. It would have been all good if he had u-turned into the right lane and stayed there but no.

So I jumped out of the car pretty hot at this guys bullshit shinanigans.

So I call the cops, which buy the way are simply useless, and I leave my car right where it was, in the side of a rustang. Deputy Donothing's first words were if the are moveable get them out of the street, so we do.

Almost forgot about the witness that came over and gave me his name and stayed to the cop showed up finally but he couldn't care less. He never really even asked me what happened in any detail.

This shit really pisses me off. My front bumper was customnized, key word being was. I had the license plate area filled in and smothed out then painted, cost me to 400.00 for labor to get both front pieces finished.

He could barely open his drivers door, he will need a new fender for sure and door may be repairable.

Supra wins again.

Here are the pics.

wreck 001.jpgwreck 002.jpgwreck 003.jpg
wreck 004.jpgwreck 005.jpg

UPDATE

Well the other ins co has admitted liability--thats the good news, on the the bad news--they want to total my car, and if I keep it, a salvage title will be assigned to it.

So it is time to negotiate.

Wayne

Last edited:

rs4rush

Jan 25, 2007
Kirkland, Wa
This is what I'm afraid of. This is why I rarely take mine out! Sorry bro... It could have been worse, I am glad its fixable!

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
hell yeah supra wins, glad you're ok. and hey, front bumper is always fixable.

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
Well the cop hands me my dl and ins papers back and says I am free to go, so I ask him about the police report and whose fault it was and he tells me that it is the insurance company's job to determine blame, so I'm like dude your kidding me, you can't look at that shit and see who is to blame. Another suggestion about me being free to go, this time I got the hint and left. As soon as I got home straight on the phone with progressive filing a claim on knumbnuts .

Nobody seems to give a fuck about doing shit the right way, they are just going through the motions and collecting a check. Too much apathy. Maybe my tolerance for stupidity has wained as of late.

Wayne

YouGotSpooled

Aug 3, 2006
Saskatoon, Sk. Canada
Atleast your supra is fixable. I wasnt so fortunate with my old one.. Then again, I milked the insurance company for $8500 :icon_bigg Since supras are worth more in Canada. Even tho, I still lost some money because I put alot into it.

I wish you the best of luck dealing with the insurance company, hopefully you will have some decent luck with them like I have.

Sil

Evil Empire
Jan 13, 2008
Milwaukee/Chicago
My big beef with insurance companies willingness to take your money, but when its time for them to payout and fairly logical situations, its a big process. I hope your insurance comps you, and on the bright side no one was injured.

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
Sil;925273 said:
My big beef with insurance companies willingness to take your money, but when its time for them to payout and fairly logical situations, its a big process. I hope your insurance comps you, and on the bright side no one was injured.

I just don't want to get effed by progressive, I hear they are the worst about paying claims.

Wayne

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
3rdtimearound;925282 said:
I just don't want to get effed by progressive, I hear they are the worst about paying claims.

Wayne

Wayne

Sorry to hear about your accident. As far as Progressive goes, after working on the other end of things (automotive repair) no, they never want to pay shit. Just like all insurance companies. However, the repairs they do pay for, they are meticulous about it being done right (paint matching, panels lining up, etc). Don't let them push you around about where to have it repaired either. You should be able to have it fixed @ the facility of your choice. I don't believe it has to be one of their pro-shops. They try to send you there because they get a break. Needless to say, that "break" isn't passed on to the insured.

I love it when insurance has to pay for brand new OEM parts!!!:D

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
bryanintexas;925339 said:
Wayne

Sorry to hear about your accident. As far as Progressive goes, after working on the other end of things (automotive repair) no, they never want to pay shit. Just like all insurance companies. However, the repairs they do pay for, they are meticulous about it being done right (paint matching, panels lining up, etc). Don't let them push you around about where to have it repaired either. You should be able to have it fixed @ the facility of your choice. I don't believe it has to be one of their pro-shops. They try to send you there because they get a break. Needless to say, that "break" isn't passed on to the insured.

From just a rough internet estimate, looks like somewhere in the 500.00 range on parts and probably 750.00 for labor.

I am going to lexus to get an estimate tomorrow, and wait for progressive to run their line of bullshit down to me and I guess we will go from there. Actually they should just cut me a check for all the parts, front body parts realignment, prep, priming, painting, and blend time.

Wayne

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
shit man, sorry to hear! your car doesn't look bad at all though; your safety is first priority and it's good to hear you're fine

Sil

Evil Empire
Jan 13, 2008
Milwaukee/Chicago
bryanintexas;925339 said:

Ya at the dealership I work at, a car that was in a front end collision had to get a whole new harness for the entire car because of a broken sensor. I got a kick out of that, kinda felt bad for the tech that had to do it.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
It doesn't look bad, but I bet you it did more damage under the bumper cover...

You're in Texas, do you have a Craig's Collision near you? They warranty their repairs for life and the work I've seen em done is meticulous...

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Don't get mad at the cop. The officer did everything exactly the way he should have. Both vehicles were drivable, so they don't need to be in the middle of the road, or in the road at all. He isn't there to place blame on either party, only to gather evidence and write a detailed report for the courts, insurance, and his own records. What could the cop have done that would make you feel better about the situation? Believe me, that report does place the blame on someone, even if the officer doesn't.

Edit: Almost forgot. Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad everyone is ok.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
3rdtimearound;925239 said:
Well, I am coming down a two lane road, I am in the left lane. Just as I get there, mustang decides to bust a ubey in front of me, which isn't all that bad until he tries to drift it around, almost all the way around where I t-bone him in the driver's side fender and door. This all happened in front of his little rustang posse of whom he was to impress no doubt. His car wouldn't even start without some sort of first aid to the battery. It would have been all good if he had u-turned into the right lane but no.

So I jumped out of the car pretty hot at this guys bullshit shinanigans, and I may have called him a stupid mother fucker once or four or five times.

So I call the cops, which buy the way are simply useless, and I leave my car right where it was, in the side of a rustang. Deputy Donothing's first words were if the are moveable get them out of the street, so we do.

Then he wants to talk to the rustang's driver who must have told the cop of my threatening remarks which prompts the cop to ask me why I told him to get out of the car, my response being that I called him a stupid motherfucker, with the cops response as oh.

Almost forgot about the witness that came over and gave me his name and stayed to the cop showed up finally but he could care less. He never really even asked me what happened in any detail.

This shit really pisses me off. My front bumper was customnized, key word being was. I had the license plate area filled in and smothed out then painted, cost me close to 400.00 to get both front pieces finished.

He could barely open his drivers door, he will need a new fender for sure and door may be repairable.

Supra wins again.

Here are the pics.

View attachment 19944

View attachment 19945

View attachment 19946

View attachment 19947

View attachment 19948[/ATTACH]

damn that sucks dude. By the way im also located in Katy where did this happen?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Dunckel;925495 said:
Don't get mad at the cop. The officer did everything exactly the way he should have. Both vehicles were drivable, so they don't need to be in the middle of the road, or in the road at all. He isn't there to place blame on either party, only to gather evidence and write a detailed report for the courts, insurance, and his own records. What could the cop have done that would make you feel better about the situation? Believe me, that report does place the blame on someone, even if the officer doesn't.

Edit: Almost forgot. Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad everyone is ok.

Ticket for failing to yeild to the right of way, ect ect...

Texas cops are dicks these days, and the laws aren't helping...

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
3rdtimearound;925282 said:

I've heard a lot of people say this.

I've been with Progressive for about 10 years now. They have never been anything but stellar. When the MKIV got damaged, I had the check in my hand in under 48 hours. Never cost me a cent over my deductible.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
a similar accident happened with me, someone made a 30 yard early left turn on a 2 lane road (coming the opposite way i was) and i had to swerve off the road and take out a speed limit sign. the insurance company (liberty mutual) refused to pay to fix my car, saying there was no car-car contact and that i was a bad driver in general for avoiding a head-on collision. after the other driver was found guilty of reckless driving liberty changed their tune pretty damn quick.