two left over plugs?

knucklebuster

Jan 17, 2010
St. Louis
I am rebuilding my 7m-ge, i had some block work done on it at a machine shop. When i got the motor back i got a small box of parts that i did not take out of the block (plugs, bolts, etc...). All i have left are these 2 small plugs that i CANNOT figure out where they go. Any help would be great

Attachments

• 060..jpg
    060..jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 058..jpg
    058..jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 059..jpg
    059..jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 17

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
ports2.jpg

One will be for the oil gallery at the front right side of the block behind the power steer pump the other will be the same gallery but at the back as pictured. (blue arrows)

stomis

NA Die Hard
Mar 22, 2010
Jersey Shore
IJ.;1555617 said:
Never seen any evidence of it in my engines Stom.

Alright good to know. Seen some homebrew fixes before with npt fittings and high pressure lines tapped into the galleys but I was just curious.

By the way does a turbo oil pump flow better than stock NA when I build my motor or should I be looking for an aftermarket?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
stomis;1555620 said:
Alright good to know. Seen some homebrew fixes before with npt fittings and high pressure lines tapped into the galleys but I was just curious.

By the way does a turbo oil pump flow better than stock NA when I build my motor or should I be looking for an aftermarket?
Always ran the stock internal hardpipes and fittings here with 0 issues, never seen any evidence at all to support the "fixes" people sell so figure if it's not broken don't fix it.

GTE Pump has longer gears for more volume per revolution, in an NA consider it a High volume pump, none of the after market pumps are "better", one of the Vendors was selling clearenced and coated GTE pumps awhile back and depending on how good their work was that would be an option.

Always prepped my own ;).