twin turbo 7mgte

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
I have a link in my signature that will answer all your questions about how to achieve over 700hp. Good luck with the build.:icon_bigg

super supra dave

Oct 12, 2007
manassas va
if you wanna twin your 7m its going to take more money than you wanna put in to it. if you want twins that bad just save the money for a 2jz. its a true tiwn, i think this means one turbo is small(youll hit boost really fast in the low down rang) and the othere turbo is a lil bigger to keep maken power in the high rpms. and for a build on the 7m motor, its not had stock pistons and robs are good for 500 to 600 hp. now running that for a long time i dont know about. so if you want good power and have a better chance of it not messen up on you, there are jp pisons, wisco, ross, all good ppl to get pistons from. but back to the main post, one turbo that is set up for the hp you wanna make it the best. and when i say a turbo that is set up for the hp you wanna make, i mean there are thing called turbo maps or compressor, every turbo comp. should have one. just look in the middle to see what its effectance is at what rpm and so on. google it or post a Q on here about how to read a turbo map.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
super supra dave;977853 said:
if you wanna twin your 7m its going to take more money than you wanna put in to it. if you want twins that bad just save the money for a 2jz. its a true tiwn, i think this means one turbo is small(youll hit boost really fast in the low down rang) and the othere turbo is a lil bigger to keep maken power in the high rpms. and for a build on the 7m motor, its not had stock pistons and robs are good for 500 to 600 hp. now running that for a long time i dont know about. so if you want good power and have a better chance of it not messen up on you, there are jp pisons, wisco, ross, all good ppl to get pistons from. but back to the main post, one turbo that is set up for the hp you wanna make it the best. and when i say a turbo that is set up for the hp you wanna make, i mean there are thing called turbo maps or compressor, every turbo comp. should have one. just look in the middle to see what its effectance is at what rpm and so on. google it or post a Q on here about how to read a turbo map.

i heard both turbos on the 2JZ is the same size one just spools up before the other.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
super supra dave;977901 said:
sorry my bad.lol. im i right about the true twin set up. one big and one small? this is what i have always heard.

Only on upgraded sequential setups which are very rare, because of cost but badass setups. SP Performance just built mkiv with a sequential setup that was putting out some impressive numbers.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
there was some guy on here from Greece who was going twin t3/t4 i think on his 7m....he just up and left, no sign of where he went.

*Edit*

yannis-supras I think his screen name was...appears he's actually been hiding withing the supramania webpages.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

super supra dave

Oct 12, 2007
manassas va
its a nice set up. if i had money like the sea has water i would do it, but im in the army, so that makes me poor.lol. just go with a sized turbo. youll be fine. hit boost at the right time and get a jump on some one that has to hit 4000rpm befor they boost. youll be happer that way. the 7m is a nice low and mid rang motor. that = off the line fun.lol

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
Rennat;978233 said:
is that yours?

No, but I bought the manifold that was on that car.

So I'm just going to replicate that setup and go with better and newer turbos.

Unfortunately the guy had sold of the downpipes to some Mazda guy who cut them up to use on his car with one of the turbos.

So they will have to be recreated.

Evanderh

Mar 25, 2008
Edmonton
maybe in the future when im dont getting my welding tickets ill do a twin turbo setup. for now i guess ill go single with a big ass turbo.