Twin Turbo 7m?

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Still? Not sure. Use to? Yes.

Blitz and HKS did iirc. A blitz kit was for sale in the classified section a couple months back.

Why you would want to is beyond me, but best of luck.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Read through this thread we have been talking about this for a couple days

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?146322-HKS-Turbo-kits-WTF

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Canuckrz;1742787 said:
Still? Not sure. Use to? Yes.

Blitz and HKS did iirc. A blitz kit was for sale in the classified section a couple months back.

Why you would want to is beyond me, but best of luck.

Greddy also

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
hvyman;1743006 said:
Swap a jz. You can have stock tiwns.
LOL you have a point I agree unless you want the unique factor or to be different is what he's going for.

But if he just wants twins cause its twins swapping might be easier

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Wildfire007;1743054 said:
Its all about the unique factor of a twined 7m. I'm a loyalist to that engine when it comes to the mk3 so I don't think I could do a jz swap and feel ok with it lol.

Not always a good thing ;)

tumblr_l1kez3I6sJ1qb8ikqo1_500.jpg

dslocal

Nov 9, 2008
slo
I'm with Ian on this one.
p1743112_1.jpg

I had the blitz tt kit on my 1j mk3 and they were cool but all they did was heatsoak everything...:nono:

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
A better way to be unique would be to find a local shop and have them custom make some of the parts, rather than order everything off of Ebay/etc. Sheet metal intake manifold/tubular exhaust manifold/etc. It will cost [SUB] alot [/SUB] more, but nobody else will have 'that' manifold. Apply that to just about anything on the car to make it your own :)

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
says you, how many off-the-shelf vs custom vs factory parts were on your car at the end of each iteration? :p

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Prolly be easier to get cheap twin manifolds like the cxracing ones or something and cut the flange off for some usdm 2jz twins and have them forward facing.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Unique Factor Over rated?

IMO without we would never have any of this at one point everything was unique motor swapping,putting bigger turbo's or a turbo on a car in general and so on...i say go for it but know it wont be cheap or easy all that matters is that your happy with your creation at the end.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Bgriger has a twin turbo 7MGTE..

There was also a compound twin turbo system on a member's car here, I forgot what his name was, famous FFIM maker..

the consensus is it isnt worth it because a correctly sized single can spool faster and make more power than twins can with less IC plumbing and complications. Check out the 1JZ, it went from twin turbos to a single turbo when it went VVTi and actually improved..