Twin turbo 302 v8 swap

znick742

Jul 29, 2011
Tehachapi, ca
Doin a v8 twin turbo swap into my mk3. Already have the motor machine work is all done have the turbos just need to piece it together. I know I know it's a nappy v8 and it's a Japanese car...but come on you can't say this thing isn't going to be a beast and unique, what do you guys think?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
What's all being done to that nappy 302 shortblock? Who's doing all of the fabbing? EFI, or blow through? Why not go single with flipped shorties for ease of installation?
And yeah, where's all the pics? Let's see 'em.

znick742

Jul 29, 2011
Tehachapi, ca
I'm just asking if you guys think it's a good idea, it's pretty obvious I haven't really started yet or I would of posted pictures or more detail I was just seein what someone would think or if some one has ever seen it

znick742

Jul 29, 2011
Tehachapi, ca
I just got done picking up a engine stand I built my 7m on the garage floor it was horrible so I'm not doing that with this motor, I'm not home right now when I get to my house I'll take pics when I gather what I have together and get it on the engine stand. It's already been to a local machine shop to get decked,etc it's stock bore still(I'm not changing the bore) I'm gonna buy some aluminum heads and the twin turbo manifolds soon and a bigger different intake manifold to allow better airflow with the twins, rods have been checked looked over cleaned, buying new forged pistons, bearings, the usual rebuild stuff

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
You might as well just run a stock junkyard motor if you're not going with an aftermarket block. You can make enough power to split a stock block in half with just about any turbo setup at low boost. What H/C/I are you going with? FI or carb? What are you using for engine management? Transmission? Details!

I'm behind your idea (I've had a few Mustangs myself) but I would have used a 4.6 for this. Pick up a Cobra crank and a used set of 03-04 Cobra rods and pistons and call it a day.

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
To the OP, I think a twin turbo 302 would be awesome, I have toyed with the idea of dropping a FI 302 in a Supra. Make sure you don't hack the car to hell to make shit fit, and be creative. As for oil pressure and water temp, utilize the 7M sending units and you can use the factory gauges. Get a tach signal modifier to get your tach working as well, then you are set. Also, make sure you build with the appropriate engine parts, no need to go through engines like toilet paper.

Good luck.

I Have seen a 302 in a Supra before, it was FI and had the AOD electronically controlled transmission too. Guy really liked the combo.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
interesting concerpt,if the twin turbos fit. ive seen a few v8 swapped mk3s and not alot of room to work with.

i was contemplating a supercharged 351 swap (f150 lightning motor) into my mk2, but someone wanted the motor so i sold it off. if you can find one might be a simpler way to go, casue to my knowedge it hasnt beed either (in a mk3 atleast)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Ford or GM swap? The Ford has a bigger aftermarket and good prices. Both are compact and relatively lightweight. Go with an LSx.

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
This thing isnt going to be a beast or unique. You sound like you have a pipe dream that will either never get started or will not even get into any stages of fabrication.

For the money you would put into TPI, you'd be around the same price for an LS.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I seem to remember there being a thread in the "other engines" section last year sometime, proposing this very same idea.

Not saying I don't like it, but I've always been a Chevy guy myself. If you already have the Ford all built up, and just need something to stick it in, cool. If you're wanting a v8 in your car but haven't committed to anything yet I'd suggest looking into an LS variant of some sort. Good engine for a heavy car. ;)

Greatdestroyer187

Dr.Greenthumb
Sep 12, 2011
New britian
Just get a foxbody and call it a day those bodies r dirt light and cheap but I know what u guys r thinkin it's still just gonna b a mustang at the end of the day and wer'nt the big block Chevys also ls series