Turbofreak's 1992 Poopra (Update 3/16/08)

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Wait you had a Cherry Dark Blue one? WTF!

You my friend are a TOOL! ;)

I had a Dark Blue one a Suburban assassinated it. I haven't been the same since.

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
Zumtizzle - Yeah yeah, I know. I kick myself everyday for selling the blue one (the one in my sig).

MK3dudeman - Haven't decided on the engine yet. I'm focusing on the suspension and body for now, since I'll still be able to drift on the N/A. Next summer will be engine time.

Tires came today! Getting mounted right now. I'll upload pics tonight.
Also cleaned up the suspension components while all the wheels were off the car. WOW! All the components are pretty much rust free, bushings seem good, and some things almost look new! Very pleased with this car so far. Also, I found out my rear rotors are pretty much brand new and all my brake pads are close to 100%. Woot!

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
well sound like you have a good plan for this car so far and a lot of work ahead I would say n/a for awhile like you said.

and yea i want to kick myself to I could have had k sport coilovers brand new for like 150$ more than my shity shocks and springs.damn

also do you plan to come to any events in jersey I mean it would be a big trip but I know tim come to a lot out here and my cars going to be on the road next month so by spring your car should have some fixed up maybe we could have a few supras out here drifting at e-town(that would be sick!!)

edit:also you wana trade hatchs? I have a pre 89 hatch with wing a brake light if your down I would do just a even trade cause I realy want to go wingless let me know

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
jdmvigor said:
3 pages of a build thread and all the car has done is a car wash??

come on man..

get cereal..

Not my fault people are replying to my thread. I just started this thread yesterday...

Mk3.0Dudeman - I, physically, will be at the Jersey events, dunno about the car. We'll see what money allows.

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
Just looked under the car and it has an LSD... Ughh.

Got my tires mounted and balanced for $48 total!!!
And because everyone loves pictures:
p861948_1.jpg

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
Yeah, a real diamond in the rough.

I really need to decide what to do with the rest of this money.

I can't decide if I should get coilovers and some other things(New Driver's door, Clutch, +89 Tails, wheel spacers). Or get the new doors and fenders and get it painted. I can only do one of the two and I hate driving a stock vehicle.

I'm leaning towards the coilovers and other parts.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
I would do all the handling and "go" mods first. Seems like asking for trouble to do alot of body work for a project drift car. Unless you never crash.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
TurboFreak said:
Yeah, a real diamond in the rough.

I really need to decide what to do with the rest of this money.

I can't decide if I should get coilovers and some other things(New Driver's door, Clutch, +89 Tails, wheel spacers). Or get the new doors and fenders and get it painted. I can only do one of the two and I hate driving a stock vehicle.

I'm leaning towards the coilovers and other parts.

I would say get the coilovers and the other parts and than later down the road when you get a few more bucks you could pick up fenders for cheap some were and sway bars and shit like that than when your more use to how the car drives/drifts and everythings going smoothy and you have your paper up get it painted.

also why do you want a welded diff any ways I mean I know the big thing you want to do is drift and it dose work great for drifting but it sucks for anything esle because all it wants to do it break lose also since this is your DD to it's going to look like a P.O.S. because it's gana be skiping around littel turns and shit and the ride quality terrible(just somthing you might want to think about befor welding your rear)

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
Hunka13 - Coilovers allow for full adjustability of the springs and struts. You can adjust the ride height as well as the dampening or stiffness of the struts.

Aye mate - Yeah that's what I'm thinking too

mk3dudeman - Yeah still on the edge about welding it, not sure if I'm gangster enough to rock it. haha. I've driven plenty of cars with welded diffs and I know dailying it might be a pain. I'm not sure if I wanna give up the badass-ness that it would be for drifting just so my car doesn't look like a POS to people that aren't in the know and driving more careful. BUT for now the LSD is staying in it. Not welding anytime soon I think.

S383member1 - Yeah true. Haha.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
yo turbofreak you can't just make a build thread about a drift MKIII and than stop posting after a car wash and some new tires it's the day after christmas get to work I'm getting excited!!!!I'm about to make a build thread to take your place lol

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
Ahaha yes this build is ftl. im about to just let it die until i get some coilovers or something done. I'm in a dilemma right now and cant decide what to do with $1000.

1. Get coilovers and wheel spacers 2. Get paint job 3. Get 7mgte

1. Means that the car is lowered and has a widened stance but it still looks like shit.
2. Means it will look good but still be n/a and not lowered on coils
3. Will be fast but still be rally-style and still look like shit