Try to start up and everything shuts off, electrical

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Check the codes again, see which codes came back, and test those related parts.
And yes, you can test the harness connections; just disconnect the ecu plugs, and run a multimeter's test lead from the sensor plug to the ecu end,
and read the resistances. Obviously, you'll need to temporarily connect an extension wire to one of your two multimeter leads, so that you can have
the multimeter with you at the ecu.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
PS- If your O2 sensor is bad, it won't affect cold idle.
Did you ever check your cam(not ignition) timing? That would affect engine idle both cold and warm.
If you do get an afm or tps code, just test them as per the tsrm. It's an easy way to rule them out, or verify them as a culprit.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I set the motor to TDC and TPS to TDC and checked it before tightening I should get a timing light to make sure the timing is right. I will give checking the connections a shot but do I have to check the connections from the ECU behind the dash or the wiring harness?

Last edited:

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Ideally, you'd check the continuity at the ecu, behind the glove box, to insure that the signal makes it all the way.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Just to clarify- because I wasn't sure what you were saying @tps at tdc- You checked resistances of the tps and afm as per the tsrm?

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Doat;1903587 said:
I checked everything, reconnected everything, cleaned up the connections with a toothbrush and 90% isopropyl and the car still idles rough like it will idle ranging between 2-300 rpms at times and sometimes it will stall. I am thinking about replacing the O2 sensor and AFM sensor and seeing if that solves the problem since removing the EFI fuse for 20 seconds didn't do anything. Is there a way I can check the connections to see if the connectors on the harness are bad or the connectors on the sensors themselves are bad? I am out of ideas on how to resolve this issue or find out the cause. The wiring harness doesn't look damaged and the connector prongs don't look damaged especially after I cleaned them.

This thread is becoming downright painful.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
supraguy@aol;1903666 said:
Just to clarify- because I wasn't sure what you were saying @tps at tdc- You checked resistances of the tps and afm as per the tsrm?
I meant I set the motor at TDC and lined up the CPS to be at TDC, lining up the hole in the gear with the notch. I accidentally typed TPS instead of CPS, my mistake.
jetjock;1903674 said:
This thread is becoming downright painful.
Elaborate so I can make it easier.

Last edited:

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Alright so I checked the AFM Ohms I only had time for that and forgive my ignorance on using multimeters but I got 3.9 ohms at 200k on my multimeter, it is about 48 degrees outside and when I checked the harness plug of the AFM it read 5.0. The car is also only showing engine code 24 now.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Well it seems my AFM sensor is bad I bought one from a member on here and waiting for it to arrive in a day or two now. I also ordered an LIPP air filter adapter, aluminum instead of the crappy stock plastic that broke on me.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I need to change my clutch very soon it's starting the slip, so I am looking at the ACT TS2-HDG6 6 puck clutch kit on driftmotion, any recommendations for a street car? I plan to get it up to 400-500hp in the future with a 1jz.

Last edited:

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I have that clutch.

I like it. I don't notice extra pedal effort anymore, and it's not that bad anyway (My 14 year old daughter can manage it.) I can handle stop and go traffic with it, and have let it in at idle without chatter. Until you develop a feel for it, it's somewhat abrupt, but I didn't find it harsh.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I replaced the AFM and now she idles perfectly, no more error codes, and boosts nicely. Here is a pic of the AFMs new one is on the right with the LIPP air filter adapter.
8367126847_45cea5498b_b.jpg

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
Purdy... Time for some cookies in the snow! Well, if you have any down there in Texas. We got about 4" today and she's still coming down...

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2