Toyota FT-86 Thread.

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
Poodles;1491486 said:
ERA always making cars that are too low to be possible

nywmc9.png

dont worry, its a supra. It wont be going anywhere anytime soon, so you needn't worry about whether its stance is drivable or not.

but yeah, i like the way both ft-86s look. minus the wing. I think they have somethin good here.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
On display at the Toyota stand at this year's Tokyo Auto Salon will be the Toyota FT-86 G's Sports, which boasts an even sharper exterior and a world-first "GPS-track day" unit co-developed with the creators of the Gran Turismo franchise and automotive technology giant Denso. So what's so special about the unit, you ask? From what we've learned, you will be able to drive your real FT-86 around a real track -- the Nurburgring, for example -- and then remove the memory card from your car, plug it into your PS3 unit and either "watch" your lap virtually or race against yourself, as your real car appears as the "ghost car" that you battle against.

!!!!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
ERA;1491493 said:
nywmc9.png

dont worry, its a supra. It wont be going anywhere anytime soon, so you needn't worry about whether its stance is drivable or not.

but yeah, i like the way both ft-86s look. minus the wing. I think they have somethin good here.

"Mexipoodle" :)

now you need to make an animated gif of it bouncing :D

Sil

Evil Empire
Jan 13, 2008
Milwaukee/Chicago
becauseican;1491169 said:
I would buy one, the market needs affordable rwd cars agian. Just like the good old days of the late 90's. Supras, RX7's, 300zx, 240 sx. What is available now for the average guy, the 370Z, the lame RX8 and a RWD Hyundai Genisis???. Do they have a price range for the FT86 yet?

If only there was another affordable RWD car that had been on the market that whole time, and still is....
Oh wait, the Ford Mustang.

This new FT86 looks sweet, but with the new Coyote powered 5.0 coming out, and Toyota's recent complacency, I know where my pennies are getting saved for after college.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
It's a hard decision for me, the Subi engine that comes in the FT-86 is a serious, serious turn off. I love everything else, but the engine all but kills it for me. I wouldn't mind a new 5.0 Mustang if it wasn't for that archaic suspension. Yeah Ford said there going to give it IRS in coming years but it still has that damn McPherson front suspension.

P.S. Before somebody tries to argue the merits of that ridiculous sounding flat four, know it's a wast of time. I know all the pro's and con's and I simply don't like that motor, plain and simple.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
IJ.;1497632 said:
There was talk of a world platform based on the Aussie Falcon's suspension, NO McDoodle Strut crap here ;)

This right here, if it come to fruition will make it a serious contender for my next toy.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
Dirgle;1497628 said:
It's a hard decision for me, the Subi engine that comes in the FT-86 is a serious, serious turn off. I love everything else, but the engine all but kills it for me. I wouldn't mind a new 5.0 Mustang if it wasn't for that archaic suspension. Yeah Ford said there going to give it IRS in coming years but it still has that damn McPherson front suspension.

P.S. Before somebody tries to argue the merits of that ridiculous sounding flat four, know it's a wast of time. I know all the pro's and con's and I simply don't like that motor, plain and simple.

i agree not a subaru fan. thats the only turn off for me

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
I would buy one, the market needs affordable rwd cars agian. Just like the good old days of the late 90's. Supras, RX7's, 300zx, 240 sx. What is available now for the average guy, the 370Z, the lame RX8 and a RWD Hyundai Genisis???. Do they have a price range for the FT86 yet?

:boink:

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
I opened a new saving account last month, the lady asked me what the title/name should be for the account I wrote FT-86 on the line.

I love everything about this car, styling is great, platform is great, engine I love the flat 4, even though it is a concept right now and it might be watered down on release if released. If I don't hear a confirmed release date buy end of this year I'm buying a Hyundai genesis.

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA

I agree, and around $27,000 base price ($20,000 for a race-ready version)

Poodles;1491289 said:
The instant it's released some company will end up swapping the STI motor into it and making a kit to do it I bet...

or 2jz :naughty:

NashMan;1491300 said:
humm whats next a new supra hummmmm

i bet it will have turbo option if not aftermaket will be all over it

sad part is the inside is ummm ugly as fuck

Clit shifter :3d_frown:. Maybe Toyota will come out with the turbo half a year later lol

ERA;1491478 said:
[THUMB]http://i47.tinypic.com/2ccqr01.png[/THUMB]

Awesome!

bmoss85;1491482 said:
I like it. I would like see what issues they have out of the first productions runs the car before I say I want one though.

Kangae;1496663 said:
I think basically I'll sell everything I own to buy one of these.:aigo:

But in all seriousness, I really do want one.

Yeah I'm all over this car, but I'm gonna wait for the 2013 model.

IJ.;1496675 said:
"Mexipoodle" :)

now you need to make an animated gif of it bouncing :D

lul

Sil;1497613 said:
If only there was another affordable RWD car that had been on the market that whole time, and still is....
Oh wait, the Ford Mustang.

This new FT86 looks sweet, but with the new Coyote powered 5.0 coming out, and Toyota's recent complacency, I know where my pennies are getting saved for after college.

Actually, the 5.0l does sound very appealing to me, but 4.6l Mustangs are like, what, $31k? The 5.0l might cost more.

I went on youtube looking for the Gran Turismo 5 trailer of the red ft-86 and came across this: (Now I know where ERA got it from. Gives you an idea of what it'll sound like)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk21eOIdR4w

I'm hoping that they'll make a few changes to the concept, like they always do.

Last edited:

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
I like the gauges. Not as nice as the LFA but I'll live. Exactly how good is the WRX motor? Not really a big WRX fanatic or anything so I don't know.

High rev's? That's kind of what I would look for out of a car like this.