TooGoode's 2J build

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
i already have an ffim from a gte. i want to modify it to work on my ge. what do you mean it wont clear the hood? the gte and ge sit in the car the same and the hood clears no problem. am i missing something??

Supra87T

2-Tone BLUE
Feb 23, 2006
Cincinnati, OH
TooGoode;1527913 said:
i already have an ffim from a gte. i want to modify it to work on my ge. what do you mean it wont clear the hood? the gte and ge sit in the car the same and the hood clears no problem. am i missing something??

The lower runners for the GE are longer than the GTE. PM lppro, he had a build with a 2Z-GE and used the GTE intake and said it wouldn't clear the hood. I can't find his build thread at the moment.

You could modify it to fit, but if you just bolt it up to the lower runner it's not going to fit from what I understand.

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
Well after over a year of sitting, she breathes again!I had to modify a couple things. The throttle body that i got with the 2j was trashed so i could use it. I took a traction contol tb and swapped over the iac, tps, and removed the trac motor. when i tried installing it before modifying, it wouldnt clear the valve covers. Now it fits fine and works! Note that this is the first startup and this is with 550's and no afm on stock gte electronics. Once I get a lexus afm and get it over to my house, ill get it running on map, install a wideband, fine tune it if needed and take it to emissions. we'll see how that goes.

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k185/toogoode/89T/?action=view&current=Video_033010_001.flv

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
ok so not too many updates other than interior stuff. I got my aem uego in a couple days ago and decided to install it along with my other gauges in my pod. I also got an rpm switch ordered. the reason: hooking it up to my rpm gauge. Wiring in some red leds to it on a relay hooked up to my blue ones. when the adjustable switch is activated, it will change my rpm gauge from blue to red. Just something to help with space. Here are a couple pics from a few minutes ago....

p1549152_1.jpg

p1549152_2.jpg

note that the keyring is ultraviolet. its not a bright color but really stands out and makes it easy to find the ring. also plan on doing this to my door locks.
p1549152_3.jpg

So all i need to do now is weld on a bung for the o2 sensor and i can get to tuning it! also need to order some leds so i can change out my climate control colors.

oh and some pics of how the 2j currently sits. code free and running great!

p1549152_4.jpg

p1549152_5.jpg

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
ok so i have a couple of small updates. I got a few parts painted these past couple weeks and just got them back and installed. still need to wash my car though :(. I sent in my new hood (alberts old one), headlight cover (it was destroyed from battery acid) and my new non ripped bumper. They came out pretty decent. Although they are just temporary fixes until i get my whole car repainted in september. I have some wheel spacers i still need to put on and need to order swider rear tires. im thinking 315's should suffice for now. Also i plan on lowering it about another inch or so. Next week im getting a new windshield installed so the majority of the exterior of the supra will look good again. on to the pics!

p1569067_1.jpg

p1569067_2.jpg

p1569067_3.jpg

p1569067_4.jpg

p1569067_5.jpg

p1569067_6.jpg

p1569067_7.jpg

p1569067_8.jpg

Highlex

Jul 5, 2009
Manitoba
TooGoode;1569616 said:
yes ian. i just want to get it passed emissions first and im still waiting on my ffim to be done so the turbo can actually fit.

After reading the whole thread I was disappointed when I saw the pic of your na 2jz sitting in your motor bay, but I understand now its all good!

Rock on man sick MK3!

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
Highlex;1569677 said:
After reading the whole thread I was disappointed when I saw the pic of your na 2jz sitting in your motor bay, but I understand now its all good!

Rock on man sick MK3!

thanks man! im just glad im able to even own one with this ecomony let alone a clean one. many supras i see locally in az are beat to shit or just poorly maintained. there are a few nice ones here too though. my FFIM is almost done and i can't wait to feel some boost in my car again! im just busy with a couple customers 2j builds as well as a v6 twin turbo mr2 im building for someone.

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
ok so i got bored today so i decided to change up the look of my valve cover setup. i hated the rattle can look so i went with something a little simpler that i think looks better. Here are some pics of the progress so far.

p1578321_1.jpg

p1578321_2.jpg

p1578321_3.jpg

p1578321_4.jpg

p1578321_5.jpg

p1578321_6.jpg

I just quickly went over the valve covers with a basic polish but they dont look to bad really. I can see my self perfectly in them. I just need to get my ffim and some is300 coilpacks so i can show them off more! lol

Last edited: