Too bad to use? Cold start hose

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
Hey I removed my intake manifold a while back and cracked my cold start injector hose. But it was just the protective outside covering which was brittle.
I'm wondering if there would be pressure always at this hose. And do you think it would still be fine to drive with it like that for a while?

p1820011_1.jpg

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
Nobody I know owns a Supra. I know I can order one from drifmotion for about 30bucks (weeks of waiting) and I might get one when I go pick up my stuff from Classified Motorsports in Kelowna. I kinda just want to start my car. I guess it will be fine to just see if my car starts. I have been working on it for a while and taken it all apart. Now I'm just moaning and complaining. Sorry about that. It's not like the hose will instantly explode when I start the car.

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
Well it's just that the protective covering on the outside doesn't even cover the whole hose. So I might think that it has nothing to do with holding the pressure and stopping the hose from bursting. We are talking what like 30 psi? I'm not sure about fuel pressures but would like to know average psi used. I do have a fire extinguisher but I don't plan on making a fire on my engine. You can forget about the fire extinguisher comments.