Tom's C5 supra

B_JAY

Apr 29, 2010
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anybody has any info on, or has even heard of a "Tom's c5" supra.
It was a mk3 supra, upgraded by tom's in japan, from the factory, similar to amg-mercedes and various other car makers and tuners.
It was offered for sale at select toyota dealerships.

From what I can translate from the japanese sites, it was similar to the turbo a ie. high flow ct-26, different actuator, larger throttle body and pipe, possibly bigger brakes? , different ecu...

Can anyone confirm or add to this ???

Thanks guys...

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
I've found is that Tom's offered a 3.1L stroker kit for the 5m-ge in 85. But that's semi OT

All I've found about the C5 Supra is that the engine got the same upgrades as the Turbo-A
TOM's used the Supra in racing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Soarer
Granted this is for the Soarer, go down to MZ20 and look at the information. The 7M-GTE used in the TOM's C5 Soarer is the same as in the C5 Supra.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...a=N&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbs=isch:1
Fujitsu Ten/TOM's Group A Supra

http://www.tomsracing.co.jp/e/history/index.html
TOM's timeline

That's all I've really been able to find.

projectsupra

旧車スープラ
Apr 5, 2005
West Palm Beach, FL
s235.photobucket.com
Can't seem to find the picture of it on the dyno, I'm sure someone else will post it up.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

B_JAY

Apr 29, 2010
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Ive never seen those pics but the info posted above is similar to what I can find out...
Toms did a c5 supra and c5 soarer...

But unlike the hks drag car, the toms c5 was available for purchase from dealerships

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
Guys that bumper was probably the preverbial shit back in the day, were talking about late 80s and there's no way ppl could have viewed all the other bumper options and I'd imagine the excitement of having a special edition was pretty high back then what with all the technological advances coming about making things somewhat the same from brand to brand

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
Most of their body kits are unattractive IMO. The car was very cool though and I am sure kind of a "big deal" back in the day.
In addition to high flow ct-26, different actuator, larger throttle body and pipe, possibly bigger brakes? , different ecu, I think they also made some suspension parts in the late 80"s but I am not 100% on that as I have never seen them.

I have also been intrigued in the Tom's stuff and have managed to find the following ancillary TOM's items for my MKIII.

Boost Gauge in BAR
Shifter Knob
Old School Licence Plate Frame

I will try to post up some pictures shortly of the knob and the Boost Gauge. Not sure I have a pic or the license plate tho.

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
Here are the pics

Wish I had more of their stuff. It's fun hunting around for this cool stuff though.

Attachments

• Plate..jpg
    Plate..jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 109
  • tomsgauge #2..jpg
    tomsgauge #2..jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Shifter..jpg
    Shifter..jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 123
  • tomsgauge..jpg
    tomsgauge..jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
B_JAY;1568967 said:
TRD mk3?
Was that in the U.S. or japan?
Ive never heard of that one...

I know it was in the USA theres even a magazine article on it. Im sure they had them in Japan as well its the home Country afterall. Never seen one in person so i assume they are very rare. However some members have TRD parts on hand (most were rebadged HKS parts).

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI

Turbo-@

Jun 15, 2014
Moreno Valley, CA
I bet they don't know what they got there! Better for them to sell the Turbo separate from the engine. That Turbo is sexy tho!

Piratetip;2019304 said:
Who wants a TOMS C5 Turbo?

Too bad its attached to a complete JDM engine.
Have a look at the photos.
Someone placed a EGT probe in the exhaust elbow at some point too.
Strange the auction dosn't mention anything about this turbo.

Wonder if the ECM is anything special, looks badly beat up though.
Random find.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/87-92-TOYOT...Parts_Accessories&hash=item418579888c&vxp=mtr

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
A friend had a set of C7s that I almost bought off him. He got impatient and sold them to someone else. They are now on a MR2.