Tlo86's 2JZ Build Thread..

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
so your supra has the round style mounts? but you still had to buy the BIC mounts. i'm getting ready to buy some mounts. and was unsure as to what i needed cause i have an 89 and i thought you only needed the BIC with pre 89.

everything looks good man

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
crazysupra2JZ said:
so your supra has the round style mounts? but you still had to buy the BIC mounts. i'm getting ready to buy some mounts. and was unsure as to what i needed cause i have an 89 and i thought you only needed the BIC with pre 89.

everything looks good man

if you have a 2jz you'll either need 1jz brackets or the post bic brackets. doesnt matter what mount you use as long as its round and its still good :) for the aristo mount i sawed off the little metal tab so i could use it on my supra but just used the solids instead. i couldve used my 7m's mounts but they were compeltely shot... as were one of the aristo round mounts

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
p789845_1.jpg

bam! as you can tell thats new on the tranny and i changed the seal as well.
p789845_2.jpg

this is why some 2jz's cant use the driftmotion P/S line
p789845_3.jpg

clearance issues.... im just not going to bolt it on. the top is from my 7m's compressor.. im going to have to remove the p/s pump to bolt my a/c lines in. or im going to take off the compressor and bolt in the lines right before i install the engien but i will have to muscle it on there again... i might just do the power steering option.
p789845_4.jpg

clearance from the oil pressure line. driftmotion adaptor should work :)
p789845_5.jpg

no more boost tank. my new starter installed. aristo low oil level sensor the 1jz's plug was different. and because of the rear sump pan the dipstick sits funky.. and im sure even if i got a 1jz dipstick thing it would sit funky too.. oh well. and i'll get a new inspection cover in the mail soon...
p789845_6.jpg

89+ BIC bracket with 89+ BIC solid mount. oil bypass pictures as well. if you look closely you can see the support bracket for the intake manifold has no home now :( going to have to weld that to the mount or something~

major probs atm is getting the crank pulley off... maybe now that the transmission is on i can do that so i can change the front seal, timing belt, water pump, and throw on my access belt and new aluminum pulley on the water pump

Edit: i wanted to point out that someone mentioned the automatic bolts are too long for the manual transmission bellhousing. they are not so dont think you need to buy a set of new bolts...

p789845_7.jpg

they are pretty new ;)
p789845_8.jpg

Last edited:

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
i actually already did heh, check my picture update on post #44 (4th picture down), i called it the 'oil pressure line' which is incorrect i meant to say the oil pressure sensor. its right behind the A/C compressor and under the power steering pump.

a nice way to get to it is to remove the power steering pump and you should have complete access to it, there is absolutely no room there though yet the driftmotion adaptor should work

and on a die note im taking the trans back off and redoing the flywheel install. i didnt do the 90 degree thing-reason: i was reading both tsrms at the same time :pflywheel=jz tsrm everything else = mkiii tsrm

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Grimsta said:
Did you get new PS pump and Alt. or just use the Aristo ones?

you know i didnt think about the p/s pump at all usually they are pretty hard to break so im sticking with it. the alternator i am honestly not sure about yet i wanted to but you never know this one might be just as good :)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Tlo: Looking good :)

Just a small heads up you may know about already, there's a Lug on the front right side of the Jz block (can't remember if it's Alt or Pwr steer but I think Alt) that can break off :(

It's just something to be aware of when moving your motor around.
(saw you mention alt and figured I'd mention it)

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
IJ. said:
Tlo: Looking good :)

Just a small heads up you may know about already, there's a Lug on the front right side of the Jz block (can't remember if it's Alt or Pwr steer but I think Alt) that can break off :(

It's just something to be aware of when moving your motor around.
(saw you mention alt and figured I'd mention it)

is that the one for the alternator to the water pump? if so i removed it already heh i dont remember why though...

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
It's the cast in lug on the lower right front of the block I remember seeing a post where someone had snapped it off a fully built motor :(
(pretty sure it holds the Alt on stock)

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
IJ. said:
It's the cast in lug on the lower right front of the block I remember seeing a post where someone had snapped it off a fully built motor :(
(pretty sure it holds the Alt on stock)

Yup...its one of the mounts for the alternator..its is kind of weak...

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
suprastanger507mgte said:
Yup...its one of the mounts for the alternator..its is kind of weak...

didnt know about this, havent had a problem yet but thanks for the heads up i dont want to redo stuff again hah! :)

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
redid the flywheel, took about 20 mins. checked that alternator bracket it does look weak... was going to throw the engine in today but opted against it because i might as well wait until my harness is here ( should get here next week) and i can do stuff like throw in my intercooler and mount the rest of my oil filter relocation kit.

just remembered... when i received my wave washers i had 3 stuck together ! :) how fun now i have spares

Last edited:

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
p796346_1.jpg

my harness is back!!!!
p796346_2.jpg

this is the only problem i have with it, i have no idea where this plug goes!! (the 2 dangleing wires are for the reverse for my M/T i had an auto harness so no plug :( )

Dr tweak did a pretty good job getting it wired up theres no doubt in my mind it will fire right up the first crank. other wires i need to wire in myself are
a/c clutch (not sure where this goes)
fuel pump switch (not sure either Lol)
the speed sensor for my ABS from my R154... now this i should have a plug for but i am just not sure =/ you can actually see it on the ground.

i took the p/s pump off and im getting ready for when i get my turbo stuff in~ still havent decided on what turbo to get :(

going to switch out the oil pressure sensor for the 7m one and use driftmotions adaptor, now is the perfect time i just need a spare 7m oil pressure sender =/

also have to program my tach digital signal converter which i dont have any idea how im going to do it hehe

edit: well the plug you see pictured is for my abs sensor! well talking to dr tweak about this because they obviously do not match ;)

so i guess 2 wires to go :)

edit again: connector was for auto harness :) i can fix that!

Last edited:

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
desmd99 said:
could it be A/C?

i have one "a/c clutch" wire to wire in but the ones i was talking about i already wired in. and a fuel pump switch line.

i have to grind down the bracket for the p/s pump a bit so it fits flush, the 7M A/C lines to the compressor are designed a bit diff than the aristo and the bolts head for the line keeps the p/s pump from going in all of the way

also, i put the harness through the hole and connected all the body harness wires, and plugged the ecu in. there is only 1 plug left and im 100% sure its for the old auto shift controller or whatever :)

Last edited:

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
jugodegolf said:
Thanks for info/pic. Josh did my harness also. Should be firing this baby up soon.:icon_razz

im going to upload a few more pics but thank you i hope its helpful to someone out there :) it seems like i make a big deal about problems but i really dont feel that way i just want the attention of someone that hasnt figured it out yet hopefully it helps them and clarifies a few things because all of my info on the swap came from these boards.