Tire Question

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
When I got my supra 3 yrs ago, it came with Falken tires, stock rims and size. The receipt was in the glove box. They lasted about 25k miles. I could not find any around here, so I went with Kumho Ecsta 711's. They only last for 10k miles on rear (2 sets now),& 20k on front. Nice even wear, 4 wheel alignment is good.

I just saw some Falken's on sale at Sears for $86 each. Has anyone used them?? What's your opinion?? The Sears guy said they are rated highly, and are 30k mile tires.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
MCD, I wish you would tell me how in the hell you got 315s on your car... What wheels, what tires, what offset, etc... :D:D:D

bluemax

The Family Man
Mar 30, 2005
Orange County, CA
I'd try to get as wide of a tire that will fit on the rims and in the wheel wells as possible. Tire performance is most greatly affected by tire contact patch area (width). You could save some money and get lower performance longer lasting harder compound tires but wider. I'd stick with at least Z rated unless you're real hard on tires.
The softer tire compounds will give you better dry traction, but less milage on a set. So its kind of a personel preference and finance decision.

bwest

Drafting, not tailgating
May 18, 2005
HippieTown, CA
I second the Hankooks. I got a buddy @ America's that puts them on everything from Mustangs to 911's. Says the 911 guys love them. My brother had a set on his GT (that i drove before him) -- way big improvement over dunlop sp8000's in both rain and dry. I have a set coming for my rears and he has another set coming for his cobra... and i am coming from SO-3's....
btw- this is the Hankook Ventus Sport K104
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fi...r=1989&cs=245&pc=11651&rd=17&vid=006535&ar=45