this sucks no start

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
ok so i finaly got the wiring done, i got fluids inthe car gas oil coolant hydolic fan . now 2 problums my clutch pedal is just staying on the floor, the 2nd one is my car is just cranking over it wont start im not sure where the problume is either no fuel or no spark. so i took out a spark plug and put it on the coil and tested for spark i didnt get anything there .. what is another way to test where the spark would be going bad. or could there be other issues.... and why is my clutch pedal just sitting on the floor?

primercrx

Apr 19, 2009
Lexington, South Carolina
Pedal is staying on the floor probably due to the fact that either your clutch master and/or slave has gone bad or two you have air in the system or hell, maybe you didn't put it back on correctly. That could always be an issue. To test the spark full the efi fuse, pull number wire off the plug, insert another plug into it and have a friend or helper crank the car over. The no spark could be numerous things. Incorrect ignition timing, bad ignitor, bad coil pack etc. TSRM :D

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
primercrx;1462689 said:
Pedal is staying on the floor probably due to the fact that either your clutch master and/or slave has gone bad or two you have air in the system or hell, maybe you didn't put it back on correctly. That could always be an issue. To test the spark full the efi fuse, pull number wire off the plug, insert another plug into it and have a friend or helper crank the car over. The no spark could be numerous things. Incorrect ignition timing, bad ignitor, bad coil pack etc. TSRM :D

ok so so we pulled sparkplug no spark. when turning it over there tryed that it might be air in the line cause all i did was take moter out put it in new one. lol so im guessing air, and timing should be fine, i hope it wasnt even touched the car sounds mean when its trying to turn over sound like it wants to. im missing spark or fuel or both how do i test the ignitor and for coil pack looks like this thing is on indivual coils tryed to same thing so the elimantes that possibility

i havent check for codes yet i will tommarow cars in greely im in boulder lol hour away and i have work today but any more ideas really helpful thanks a bunch guys

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
Codes are your best starting point.

A little something that helped me when I was in your position. There is a green loop of wire in the igniter box thinger that can be used for a timing light. So If you get that hooked up, at least you know your computer is functioning. :)

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
zokustyle;1463093 said:
better grammar would be a great help, too....

Are your plugs wet or dry?

Check for voltage at the coilpacks and injectors.

i didnt pull the plugs yet i will to look at them next. im going to try to look for some codes first tommarow.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
ok i tryed to pull the codes my check engine light isnt coming on when i try to throw the codes so i replaced the light with a own good one it still didnt work any ideas and still no spark

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
Sounds like your ECU doesn't have power, or the wiring to your dash isn't right. Since you don't have spark I think it's more likely the ECU doesn't have power.

You have the connector in the engine bay all wired up right?

One way to test if you have any power in the ECU circuit is to turn the key to on, and then pull the EFI relay. If it clicks as you remove it, there is at least some power.

suprachick22

Aug 1, 2009
colorado
Freshmaker;1462935 said:
Codes are your best starting point.

A little something that helped me when I was in your position. There is a green loop of wire in the igniter box thinger that can be used for a timing light. So If you get that hooked up, at least you know your computer is functioning. :)

How do you make sure this is hooked up?

suprachick22

Aug 1, 2009
colorado
zokustyle;1463093 said:
better grammar would be a great help, too....

Are your plugs wet or dry?

Check for voltage at the coilpacks and injectors.

What's the best and easiest way to pull the spark plugs? Haven't seen plugs like that before

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
it started i was missing a fuse it was never there and i wouldnt have noticed that it was gone if i didnt start testing all the fuses for a hot one lol

Dani87x

OATHKEEPER III%
Oct 11, 2009
Miami FL
suprachick22;1463557 said:
What's the best and easiest way to pull the spark plugs? Haven't seen plugs like that before

Spark plug socket :)

Attachments

• socket-detail.JPG
    socket-detail.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited: