This outta be good... WHAT DEFINES A RICER?!?!?!?!?!

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
My bottom line definition of a ricer is a poorly executed car.
IJ.;1667078 said:
Originally anyone that drove/rode Japanese vehicles, now it's used to target anyone "different" to the mainstream import modder :nono:
People need to grow the fuck up and stop the labelling shit and maybe accept that cars/bikes are and can be different things to different people..
+1

IJ.;1667078 said:
I may not agree with a LOT of things/fads/trends I see but I can admire the work/effort someone has put into a project even if it's not something I'd do.
+2

IJ.;1667078 said:
Only time I'll bag on something is if it's halfarsed and poorly thought out and executed.
(sadly quite common in the Mk3 world)
+3

bioskyline;1667099 said:
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
Hmmm...I intend on installing a GT wing on my car.

bioskyline;1667099 said:
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
My wheels cost more than what most MK3 owners pay for their cars.

bioskyline;1667099 said:
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
My car has a body kit, but no chicken wire.

bioskyline;1667099 said:
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
I have clear signals as well.

bioskyline;1667099 said:
The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above.
Deductive reasoning leads to the conclusion that my car is a ricer.

[/COLOR]
hvyman;1667055 said:
Shit quality with Retarded choices. How you present yourself and your car. Possibly a honda owner that is trying to step up. Has something to prove and thinks no one can beat them.

LOL..Kyle, on the other hand, I've seen ricers with high quality with retarded choices.

Pictures speak louder than words. Would we dare post pictures of ricer MK3 Supras?

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
The only time I really get negatively vocal is when I see a home depot garden trim/garage bottom rubber lips on MK3s! FYI, I've always wanted to own a turbo charged CRX and an Integra Type R

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I went through the whole "Ricer" BullShit when I built my 240z back in the 80's, ALL of the locals ran domestics so bagged on my car no end.....
(also to a lesser degree when I was riding big Jap road bikes)

Right until they tried to race me or came for a ride :evil2:

I copped the reverse of this here when I first joined as a lot of the Purists couldn't understand me using a Tremec Trans or a 9" in the Supra, eventually the majority of members grew up and accepted that not everyone wants/needs to build a cookie cutter Mk3...

Never been a big fan of wrong wheel drive no matter how nice the cars is, :love: the styling on some of the early Preludes though

supranz

May 23, 2010
Christchurch
I think a few things are getting unfairly grouped into the ricer set in this thread. I think a lot of the ricer thing has to do with the drivers intentions, if he is trying to make a fast car and he "does" this by a fartcan and neons then yes, he is a ricer. But if it is his intention to make a cruiser/low-and-slow, then I think no. There are some nice cruisers around that all they are, are lowered on nice wheels and maybe a bodykit (properly fitted and painted). If however the driver of the cruiser sets off trying to race someone, then it is getting into the Ricer side.

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Hmm well I will be the first... only things I have don exterior wise: remove pinstripe/wheel well moulding and replace stock turns/sides with smoked lens (I made sure to change the bulb color so it remains legal)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Imo... thats as far from rice as you can go LoL... pretty much stock!! haha but I think its a good idea... post pics of your car!! :D

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
LooooL where did you see that?? I see the HESCO barriers in the background... I've seen some pretty wild vehicles in the middle east but no Greddy stickers lmao

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
lithium14;1667392 said:
LooooL where did you see that?? I see the HESCO barriers in the background...

Did you miss the license plate? KBL= Kabul

Anyway, the whole car is like that. It has "Turbo" on the side in script that looks very similar to JZA80 "Supra" script.

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Nick M;1667447 said:
Did you miss the license plate? KBL= Kabul

Anyway, the whole car is like that. It has "Turbo" on the side in script that looks very similar to JZA80 "Supra" script.

lmao oh how observant of me >_<

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
To each their own, but I never saw the point in trying to make a car that was never designed with sporting intentions to go fast. Hell, I get the ricer comment plenty, but have yet to have anything around here that WASN'T Japanese outrun me, so...

Personally, I like how my car has a small degree of 'rice' to it. Was even thinking of using that as my plate... would match the Hello Kitty sticker nicely. :p

p1668139_1.jpg

And the obligatory pic of my car, in Vegas:
p1668139_2.jpg

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
IMO it's an economy vehicle that has been poorly modified in a sad attempt to make it cool, sweet, dope, fly, hip, or totally awesome! I think that sums it up.

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
It's a tired word that needs to be dropped. I think it's funny because import drivers love to throw the word around to try and differentiate themselves from the real "ricers", of course, ask a domestic owner and all imports (including all you guys who would never "rice" out their car) are "ricers".

It's amazing how butt-hurt some people get over something somebody does to their own car.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Poodles;1668207 said:
That sticker is awesome :rofl:
I thought so too. Good way to antagonize people, especially so if I have the windows rolled up. Nobody knows it's not some cute chick driving it then haha... Gotta love the "dude, that chick just smoked you" factor.

IJ.;1668231 said:
Came across a really cute girl in traffic yesterday with that sticker on the rear bumper, made me smile and think of Theresa and her Mr2 :runaway:
Hey, you started it... well, maybe I did (again), but I'm not taking the blame for her wrath this time. :rofl:

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Cz.;1668359 said:
It's a tired word that needs to be dropped. I think it's funny because import drivers love to throw the word around to try and differentiate themselves from the real "ricers", of course, ask a domestic owner and all imports (including all you guys who would never "rice" out their car) are "ricers".

It's amazing how butt-hurt some people get over something somebody does to their own car.

I never understood the whole "just because it's Japanese" mentality of some people. Hell, I think any car that can lay down 400+hp with relatively modest modifications and still get 25+ mpg is a well made car. That's almost as bad as saying "just because it's American, it's poorly made and going to fall apart."