This is why you don't use AU green coolant in your 7M

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
The green coolant was only in my car for a few days... As soon as we realised the workshop has used it, we dumped it, however, this had already done this to a BRAND NEW water pump:

p1358548_1.jpg

p1358548_2.jpg

In comparison, this is the water pump (of unknown age) from another 7M we have that used Toyota Red:

p1358548_3.jpg

p1358548_4.jpg

Now... Which pump should I use (if either)?

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
And I specifically told the guys to use Toyota Red, and even provided a brand new bottle of it.

This is just one of the reasons why I no longer have an affiliation with ESP.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Whatever the Generic Green formulation is here it does a number on Cast Iron for sure, I had quite pronounced pitting on the deck of my 4000 Km old block using it, changed to Toyota red and it went 30,000+ Km's and looks like the day I bolted it back together.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
All from fresh green coolant? that seems a bit excessive for a few days... if they didnt use the coolant you supplied, maybe they didnt use your pump.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I ordered the pump for them and had it delivered to shop, I know 100% that the one I ordered was used, however what I didn't know was that it wasn't an OEM piece.

Not a HUGE deal, as the car hasn't been driven, thanks to all the other fuckups they made whilst they had my car, but just wanted to get peoples' thoughts on it before one of the pumps goes back in :)

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Mate, I know you're good friends with them, so I won't be ranting about them on here.

Quite alot of people are happy with their work, however there is an equal amount who are unhappy.

Unfortunately they fucked up way too many things on my car and have lost my business for good.

AndyMac

Mar 9, 2009
Canberra Australia
no no I totally understand, that really sucks!

especially when you pay a premium price for the best work, I guess its not unacceptable to expect you get what you pay for....

in your case you didnt get that!

Crypton2006

Jun 26, 2006
Phoenix Az
Green coolant is not going to destroy your moter..Its just not as good as Toyota red. I dont think it can do that to your moter in a few days....If it did you would not have a impeller at all in a few months..And last i checked most people do not spend the time or money to go to toyota to get there coolant and its not a problem.