This is late but...

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
I should have done this a couple of weeks ago. I just recently purchased an 89 Supra N/A after graduating from an 85 Celica GT-S. I'll put some before and after Supra pics on here. The Celica and Supra were my high school dream cars. I work as a firefighter/paramedic at a major airport. Am I the only one over 30 in this forum???

Before Supra-1985 Celica GT-S, stock and original
p376883_1.jpg

After Supra
p376883_2.jpg

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Your not the only one!!! There are lots of us here that can actually remember our cars new. Welcome and enjoy your stay!!!!! Dont be afraid to post and we love pictures here..............:icon_bigg

Oh nice NA!!!!!!

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
da89soup said:
Your not the only one!!! There are lots of us here that can actually remember our cars new. Welcome and enjoy your stay!!!!! Dont be afraid to post and we love pictures here..............:icon_bigg

Oh nice NA!!!!!!

Back in late '91 I test drove a 1992 Supra Turbo from the now defunct Toyotaville in West Fort Worth. It was medium blue (haven't seen one that color since) and had the five spoke wheels. I took it up onto Loop 820 and punched it and before I knew it I was doing 115 mph! I passed a Chevrolet pick-up and it must have hurt his feelings because he tried to catch me. He didn't. I wanted that car but with a price tag of $30,000 and some change it wasn't going to happen for the 22 year old I was then. I've wanted one ever since. Now I've got one minus the turbo, but oh well, I'll live. My sister had a 1982 Supra L type back when I was in high school and that's when my love affair with Supra began.:love:

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
I had a 85 L type in College that did it for me as well. I have pictures of that car somewhere in my house, I have been meaning to find them and copy them onto my computer so I can post up a picture of that car. I was a ford truck guy through highschool. I worked in a machine shop in highschool and beginning of college so the smallblock v8 was it for me. I then made a lifelong friend in college who drove a gts corolla he turned me on to imports. He also taught me that cylinders doesnt = hp
Bought my first gts corolla, then my first supra, and the rest is history. To this day I have owned mostly imports and I love my current supra way to much for it to be healthy.......lol:biglaugh:

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
Nice NA!!! I like gray supras. what are your plans for mods???
I had a 85 celica gt-s but mine wasn't a hatch. I killed it tho.

The strut broke off

What tierods

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
daledoe said:
Nice NA!!! I like gray supras. what are your plans for mods???
I had a 85 celica gt-s but mine wasn't a hatch. I killed it tho.

The strut broke off

What tierods

I don't know what plans I have for this yet. I'm pretty happy with stock. I might change the wheels. Since I'm a family man my funds are limited. I like a smooth and quiet ride, not looking to blow the pants off every Honda I see.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Damn I have something in common with everyone here.

gtsfirefighter........
White MKII
p377594_1.jpg

Grey MKIII
p377594_2.jpg

Da89soup...........post whore

Daledoe.............You love grey Supras.......I have one

TTL.........You got shirts, I need shirts

TheWeezL......Over 40 club member......me too

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
ForcedTorque said:
Damn I have something in common with everyone here.

gtsfirefighter........
White MKII
p377605_1.jpg

Grey MKIII
p377605_2.jpg

Da89soup...........post whore

Daledoe.............You love grey Supras.......I have one

TTL.........You got shirts, I need shirts

TheWeezL......Over 40 club member......me too

Sweet '90 model Turbo. I like those wheels. I would like to have a 3 piece spoiler on mine as well. Just need to get mechanical issues resolved first, then will concentrate on cosmetics. That's a real nice MKII also. That's what I was going to buy if I couldn't find a descent MKIII.