third clutch failure.. hydraulic..

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
well, since i put in my new rps max clutch, i have broke a slave. had a master go bad on me, and now another clutch pedle engagment problem..

not to mention, i have a ss flex line already i just swapped that in with the new master,
the master and slave are oem toyota i purchased 6 months ago and used fine on my last mkiii.

do i need larger bore slave and master?

doesn't matter how many times i bleed it problem comes back, and doesn't seem like there's any fluid loss ...

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
it is exactly what it sounds like. Increased pressure (thus leg effort) is required to disengage the clutch (higher pressure plate clamp load) - this can bend the firewall and not fully disengage the clutch for the same "apparent" clutch pedal movement.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
drjonez said:
firewall flex.

you might want to get a toyota master and slave....in hopes they'd have been reman'd to higher tolerances.

both slave and master are less the 6 months old, purchases from toyota,

my brother just got home i'll check on the flex issue..

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
wow,

well the master moves but not so much i would belive it's effect the clutch that much, it wiggles i should say.. only when being depressed not phsyicaly loose.

i looked at the push rod and it appears this master has started to leak..

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
If the master is leaking there will be a pedal height retention issue :(

I'd look into getting a stock one resleeved in Stainless, I've done this in the past when changing bore sizes but there's no reason why it can't be sleeved to stock size and will then last the life of the car.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
i pulled the origonal one that failed apart, the first cup had small cracks or tears in it..

the clean fluid in the master resivor also got dirty about the time this sucker went out..

so buy another one and have it sleeved?

i have a friend who works at a machine shop, i'll have to ask him if he could do it for me.

have any idea where i could purchase a rebuild kit?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
IMHO and quite a few others that clutch is a death wish for your engine and everything else...

Most Toyota parts have a 1-year warranty, get a new one. It's up to you what you want to do about the clutch... Personally I've heard of too many engines failing to EVER go near one...