The Small Questions Thread

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
MkiiiAllDay;2043261 said:
Is actually usually best to get one because with the added "stress" from a turbo, your oil will heat up a lot more than na

Thanks man! I'll go ahead and get one then, any you recommend I'll want to get one with a t-stat ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I have a weird problem that seems to be more common than I thought, when you open the driver door the interior lights come on as expected but if you open the passenger door the lights come on for a second then turn back off. It only does it with the passenger door. What could cause this and how can I fix it?

SiberianDVM

Dec 31, 2013
Augusta, GA
This picture is from the bottom of the front bumper of my 1989 Mk3 race car. Is this sensor the ambient temp sensor? Does is just connect to the A/C (which has been deleted)? Does it have any effect on the ECU? Obviously, I want to remove it.

028.jpg

SiberianDVM

Dec 31, 2013
Augusta, GA
Silver MK3;2045338 said:
I'm pretty sure that is a sensor for the AC only, and shouldn't have anything to do with the ECU I believe.

Thanks, I'll disconnect it and check for codes and rough running before I toss it completely.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Hvyman, you are god among men that is my problem lol. I pushed the rubber thing and it was working fine until I closed and opened the door then it got slightly stuck on the off section of the mechanism. How can I fix it or replace it?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
replace it. remove the rubber bolt and there is a 10mm bolt behind there and a connector that pulls out.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
You can do it normally, however, when it lets out the air, if it's metered before the BOV (as with the 7m AFM), you will have a rich condition.

If the BOV is placed in an area prior to the air being metered, it won't screw with the AFR. This isn't possible with the AFM and stock ECU.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Grandavi;2045479 said:
You can do it normally, however, when it lets out the air, if it's metered before the BOV (as with the 7m AFM), you will have a rich condition.

If the BOV is placed in an area prior to the air being metered, it won't screw with the AFR. This isn't possible with the AFM and stock ECU.
yea I know that but how do some people run one without issues? I assume they have some sort of piggy back or something to account for that lost air.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
No, they just do it. It won't hurt anything, but it can stall from time to time on deceleration. (Over fuels)

I ran like that until I got tired of the stalling.

I am on stand alone now so the bob vents before its metered

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Yea I don't like a stalling car lol my car used to stall out until I found the vacuum leaks and enjoyed the hell out of it ever since. The other night I drove my friend's R33 skyline and he has his own tune on it and the car stalls when you stop until it's warmed up and that takes like 30min lol.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Alright, so I replaced that door switch and it works great thanks again hvyman.

Now another issue. My spare tire well turns into a pool when it rains I put myself in the trunk and had my brother hose down the hatch and I could not see or hear water running inside of the hatch but I suspect the center bolt for the rear spoiler may be leaking as well as somewhere else because I see a little bit of rust around the hole for a wire for the rear wiper motor. I should just strip the hatch trim completely and try again but I don't really have time for that. Any suggestions on where else to look? I replaced the lower trim piece and put some silicone to help seal it, replaced the weather stripping around the entire hatch, replaced bump stops, and it still leaks into the tire well and water drips from the hatch trim when I open it.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
I had the same problem, mine ended up leaking from the rear wiper arm, and taillights yours could be from the spoiler mine didn't have one. There should be a thread on this I remember going through the "checklist" back when I first got my hands on my mk3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk