The Small Questions Thread

rhs

Sep 21, 2014
Dallas
Doat;2026369 said:
Anybody use or hear anything about the Driftmotion T4 7mgte turbo manifold? There aren't many options for manifolds and I rather cheap out on something that would kill my turbo in the future.

I have their 1jz manifold. Basically, it works. It's not high end but you get what you pay for. If it's a weekend car then I say go for it.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
The problem is like I said there aren't many options for me manifold wise with the 7M. I may end up just going the custom route with short runners, so it's like a log manifold.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Not really, ive seen them crack before but i havnt head anything about them cracking lately. My cheap china one been on almost 3 years daily driven and road trips. no issues. i have several buddies running cheap ones no issues

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
it would make sense that they fix that issue now days also DM's manifold is said to be made with thicker metal and should not have any clearance issues and I spoke with Aaron about this he said it should just bolt on basically but I do have their 7/16 exhaust stud kit, so I might have to widen the holes a bit which is no big deal.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Pretty much it's either a china manifold or spend a lot on a custom manifold lol. Would you rather go with DM's manifold over the others?

Pijus

Aug 10, 2010
Lithuania, Vilnius
Hey Supramania,
Since i swapped rhd engine to lhd car, i dealed with this problem:

i know that i have to remove a cap circled in green but it just wont go off, there is no clamp that holds blocking cap (like in picture), looks like the cap is just pressed in, tryed to pull it our using pliers but still no luck, so what i did is just ran heater hose through other side ( yellow mark).

is there any posibility to remove that cap (circled in green) without using hacksaw? :)

View attachment 74331

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Has anyone ever changed out all of their bushings for newer ones? If so, how did the car ride afterwards? Is it worth all the effort? I want to order new bushings for my car and have them replaced, but I'm not sure the rewards are going to be worth the effort. Thanks, Jay

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
So what all do I need to run a BW S366? I currently have the Lex/550 mod installed, wideband, AFPR, SAFC II, I do have a Walbro 255 but I rather get the MK4 TT pump because it's just better. I plan to buy a MK4 TT pump, fuel dampener bypass hose which I assume is also known as the J tube?, T4 turbo manifold, V-band 3in downpipe, I believe I need to block off or bypass the coolant turbo lines because I think this turbo is only oil cooled.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
fuel dampner and j tube are 2 different things.

you will also need a wastegate.

can block off the turbo coolant lines.

id also start looking into a standalone and ditching the lex and getting a real tune.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
well I don't want more than 400hp from the 7M I just want to run the S366 at low boost until I do the 2jz swap and use it on there. Thanks for reminding me about the wastegate. I've always read for my goals SAFC is good for that a standalone would be kind of a waste of money for stuff like this really.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Standalone are never a waste of money.

And for 400hp a s366 is a bit over kill. A s360 or s363 or s362fmw would be a better fit.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
yea the S366 is overkill but like I said I am going to use it mainly for my 2jz build where I will be turning the boost up. To replace the fuel pump do you really have to drop the tank? I saw a circle cover in the hatch and usually that holds the pump hanger from my experience.