The Small Questions Thread

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
I would recommend changing out those injectors. They have pretty long deadtime compared to the stock injectors the ECU is calibrated for. Not really appropriate unless you can modify the internal ecu code. Better of using some RC 550s.

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
It has the lex afm as well. It seems to run ok except the lean idle and lean with little to slight load It richens up with load though

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I am no expert but if it's running above 15.4'ish at idle ibthink there is a risk of damage. Not sure though and it also depends on the accuracy of the wideband. I had a AEM UEGO Wideband and compared to the innovate wideband it's not very accurate at all. I got wonky readings at idle with it that scared me... Lol.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Does anybody know where I can get just the bushings for the rear traction arms (besides Toyota, they want $50 per side)? Or if maybe the ones for the mkiv work?

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Is it normal for the mixture to richen up significantly for a moment after increasing the throttle on the highway? When cruising on the freeway at 3k RPM, if I go from say 15% throttle and ease into 30% throttle, the wideband shows the mixture go way rich, about 12.5:1, then it moves back to 14.7 whether or not I stay in it or ease off. It does this even when the cruise control is actuating the throttle for a curve or grade. I am running RC550's with SAFC.

Also, how much is it normal for the cruise control to "hunt" for the right speed? Watching the vacuum gauge my cruise seems to float from 16" to 13" of vacuum back and forth about once every 3 seconds, I feel like it should be more steady.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Toyota doesn't know how to make a good cruise control. Even the modern one in my 07 with drive-by-wire is crap. As soon as I see a hill I disengage so I don't have to listen to it cycle the torque converter lockup every 10 seconds.

suprajim54

Sep 2, 2009
Dallas, Texas
Is it possible to pass emissions testing with a JDM 7MGTE with JDM ECU? I have no EGR, so I'm not sure if I'll fail for high NOX. I'm hoping the JDM ECU/Engine might run clean enough to pass, since it's tuned for no EGR. I'm in TX and I know that states emission levels vary, but not sure if I'd even have a chance. That's considering the inspection station doesn't notice EGR is missing. Right now I have the stock 440's and AFM installed.

mirage83

Mar 21, 2008
Georgia
Debating removing my hatch wiper and welding in a patch for it, but I haven't really driven it enough in rain to know if that wiper makes a big difference. I know the hatch would look cleaner without it, and was wondering who might have already pulled their hatch wiper out and if they miss the ability to sweep the hatch glass clear in rain. Thanks for the feedback and opinions everyone.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I use mine in the rain. Tho its usually only necessary if your not moving. Once your moving rain doesnt really get onto the rear window. Would prolly be fine without it.

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
Mines gone and it doesn't really bother me. I sometimes hit the switch and it takes me a little to figure out where the sound is coming from haha

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
Can anyone please tell me what clutch disc this is?

e3uqamu7.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
[SUP][/SUP]
HMNGSupraMKIII;2016701 said:
Just wondering how much a 7m-gte with 200k miles would sell for? Somebody looking to buy mines and Im not sure what it will be worth and it dont want me an asshole and overcharge. It would just be the engine, no ecu and turbo

That's a tough one... If it's just being used as a core for a build... Guessing 250.00 would be fair. If it's been rebuilt and still a strong runner... 800'ish is my guess.

suprajim54

Sep 2, 2009
Dallas, Texas
Water Neck.jpg
Can anyone help me with the part number for the bottom A/C Fan temp switch? I've looked through the EPC, but can't identify this one. Keyword search didn't seem to help either.