The Small Questions Thread

ma67 lover

Dec 17, 2008
montana
So looking into running a thermostatic sandwich plate for my oil cooler and just not sure if the 7m and jz stuff are the same. For instance on DM's website for their oil filter relocation kit the 5m/6m/7m/1jz/2jz are all the same but their oil cooler just says 2jz. kinda conflicting and would rather ask than buy awesome parts that dont fit. Just wondering if anyone knows

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
So my check engine light came on yesterday morning but I had not cleared my previous codes, came back on this morning finally, only getting 25,26? I checked all my vac lines, cars too hot right now but going to check my SP. I had to extend my o2 sensor for my pace setter header but no o2 code. May have to look for an AFM? Anyone else have any idea why you'd get lean&rich codes at the same time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David97

Oct 11, 2012
Wisconsin
So I have my Jeep up for sale, and am looking into a 1JZ swap for my 88, when it sells. What are some good reliable sites to order through? Never bought a full engine/trans setup before, well at least not online.

Any to stay away from?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Got mine from jdm engine corp. Was a clean engine.

can just check on ebay. Just stay away from tiger japanese. All the importers will have a couple bad reviews but if they have a shit ton stay away.

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
i was thinking to buy rebuild kit for CT26. anyone done this recently? dont want to buy another CT26 and blow it after 3month and while im searching HX35.....

any suggestions?

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
I asked this in my build thread but it probably belongs here

So I've been doing a lot of research and everyone says if you turbo a n/a block don't go over stock boost levels, but you can turn a stock turbo block up to 20 psi with a good tune, <br />
Now if I do the static compression ratio calculations I come up with 18 psi(on n/a compression ratio of 9.2:1) being close to the same as 20psi(turbo compression ratio8.4:1) <br />
<br />
Theoretically I should be able to run 16psi no problem, what am I missing? <br />
<br />
Is it the exhaust cam that limits the engine? <br />
Or are these just people's suggestions to save their ass in case the engine decides to grenade??<br/>

Supra_dan

Aug 14, 2011
north carolina
Hey everyone.

Just received my oem clutch and pressure plate kit today.

Going to be buying the lightweight flywheels from DM (the one compatible with oem clutch)

Do you have to get these things balanced? I feel i've heard people say before you have to get the flywheel balanced with the clutch.

Is this true?

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I don't think you have to get them balanced I bought a Fidanza flywheel and bolted it in no problems at all I do love how quickly the car revs. Doesn't really make sense to go through all of that trouble of making the thing and not balance it.

Supra_dan

Aug 14, 2011
north carolina
Hmm interesting. I didn't think they needed to be balanced. However, I have seen a few times people saying they got there set-ups balanced. Curious.

David97

Oct 11, 2012
Wisconsin
Anyone have an idea on about how much a running 7MGTE is worth? Only issue is it developed a tick. Mileage on it is unknown. Or would it be better to part it you? Trying to sell some things to pay for a 1JZ swap.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
If I am not mistaken 7Ms go for like what $800? You might get about the same if you part out but probably better in the end to sell it as a whole since odds are you won't sell every single part you gotta figure in shipping and paypal fees for each one. If you can sell the motor locally that is probably your best bet.

David97

Oct 11, 2012
Wisconsin
Yeah not too sure on history. Previous owner wasn't the smartest guy. I was thinking of trying for around $600. Selling turbo separate

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
hey i was doing small 1/8th mile dragrace and just at the end my car is switching into 3rd (i have manual - auto convrsion) but gears are changing @5500rpm O/D off, power mode ON. i heard you can adjust at what rpm to switch gears. HOW? :)

this would allow me to finish the race in 2nd gear. my dash shows 6500rpm redline (its changed)but actually ive never ever revved it that high(so it could be only6250rpm redline. car is 1990 eur spec). after owning it for more than year it has never seen redlight :D i guess im scared of it and that huge FAN is making too much noise.

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
Hey guys recently bought grimreaper's car and It's been running really lean at idle(goes from 14.7 and creeps out of range) at 2000 in neutral same deal on the highway at 65 @ 2500 rpm it runs 15.5 on the wideband Its running a lex afm saturated 550s from a new gt500 mustang. Im just trying to find out if its safe to drive it currently until I get a maft pro or something to tune it.