The Small Questions Thread

David97

Oct 11, 2012
Wisconsin
Whats a good/fair price for a w58, 7m bellhousing, rear driveshaft, and pedal assembly?

Was going though neighboring states on craigslist and found someone selling a w58 for 150, and will throw in the other stuff for a total of 275. This a good deal?

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
David97;2000678 said:
Whats a good/fair price for a w58, 7m bellhousing, rear driveshaft, and pedal assembly?

Was going though neighboring states on craigslist and found someone selling a w58 for 150, and will throw in the other stuff for a total of 275. This a good deal?

I'd say that's a great deal. That's cheaper than some junkyard prices. For that little I'd be ready to rebuild it right away.

Sent from my Moto X.

David97

Oct 11, 2012
Wisconsin
suprarx7nut;2000724 said:
I'd say that's a great deal. That's cheaper than some junkyard prices. For that little I'd be ready to rebuild it right away.

Sent from my Moto X.

It was actually just fully serviced with paperwork as well.

I wanna swap from auto to 5speed, and this so far is the most cost effective. Most of the big more expensive things in a nice small price. Only downfall, is that when I go on Saturday it's a 17-18 hour round trip drive. About 500 miles each way. Just hard to pass up the deal.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
David97;2000744 said:
It was actually just fully serviced with paperwork as well.

I wanna swap from auto to 5speed, and this so far is the most cost effective. Most of the big more expensive things in a nice small price. Only downfall, is that when I go on Saturday it's a 17-18 hour round trip drive. About 500 miles each way. Just hard to pass up the deal.

Wow, hopefully it is at least a nice drive.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
If the EGR cooler at the back of the head is leaking it would sound and smell like an exhaust leak right? I've been going ape shit with an exhaust leak I have I tore down my exhaust side, drilled, and tapped new coarse threads for the studs with the DM kit and put it all back together with new gaskets and still hear tick tick tick as I accelerate never at idle it only does it under load. Yesterday I thought about that EGR cooler gasket I used the felpro gasket when I replaced my head gasket a couple of years ago and after I finished that endeavor I found out the felpro gaskets do not last as long as the oem ones do. I stuck my had back there on the exhaust side and felt air pumping out from the edge of the cooler like there is a definite area of where you feel air puffing out and then nothing. I have been thinking about replacing that gasket but I really do not have the time to lift the motor and such, so I gotta work in that tiny space back there but given everything I have done to stop that damn exhaust leak what do you guys think of the EGR cooler being the source of my ticking noise? The ticking noise is definitely an exhaust tick I do have valve tick but it's not loud you can only hear it at idle if you listen closely.

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
Hey guys, I'm currently rebuilding my 2JZ engine and i would like to know where can i find the rod wrist pin and its lock online?

Midwest_Mudder

horribly stupid question, but ive been chasing this (along with electrical) for awhile. the power steering pressure line, where SHOULD that key fit? is there some sort of alignment? new power steering pump, and only have a touch of power steering. flushed full system once, might have to try again.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Compression test and cylinder leakdown test.

Quite frankly, if my engine was out of the car I would be doing it right and putting a MHG on it simply because, when done properly, it's one less issue... No bhg issue or worries.
Cheapest and easiest to do at this point.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
you can start an engine with it out of the car I've never done it but I've seen people do it on engine stands to just see if the motor runs and such.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Bolt pattern for AFM, not sure what you mean... It has 4 holes already for the adapter doesn't it? Your not bolting it directly to the turbo...

7ms do not use a MAF, the AFM is different.

4" piping from AFM to turbo isn't going to benefit you... if you have a big enough turbo to have a 4" inlet, you need to go standalone...

Last edited:

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
I meant at the end of the meter it has 4 nuts. When I bought the parts car it did not have the filter on it and I don't have mine. On my 7mge I bought an adapter for the square afm to a cone filter, but does not fit on my 7mgte air sensor. I don't have the factory air cleaner assembly and have a cone filter.

TLDR I need to know the bolt pattern of those 4 holes so I can buy the correct adapter that I don't have... If no one knows which one fits I'll just measure and get the closest one I guess xD Getting a slightly rumbly idle pretty sure cause I don't have a filter on it and the fan is blowing air on it and all that.

Last edited: