BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
kotu100;1826820 said:
Woot Woot!!
What happened to the other one?
Plans for this one?
Which one? The first one I had? Sold that one. Gay blue #2 was turned in to a trampoline before I gave it to a friend that probably junked it. If you are thinking of another car then it is not mine.

IBoughtASupra;1826821 said:
Your Bor, it's about time you got another blue car.
This one is not blue. It is actually a Lexus pearl white.
GrimJack;1826822 said:
Stock radiator? How do you expect us to take you even vaguely seriously with that in there? ;)
Oh don't worry about that :p

I have no set plan yet. But as you can see in the image it will be have a 2JZ GTE. That actual 2JZ is getting pulled out though but another one will take it's place.

List is parts that I have already

2JZ-GTE
Stock Twins
Custom manifold w/ open wastegate
Upgraded Koyo radiator
Polished TT pipes & IC pipes
Polished Stock intake manifold
HKS Dragger exhaust
ARZ front BBK
Stance Coilovers

Plan on getting
Custom headlights w/ FXR projectors
Standalone EMS
More info on the chassis. It is a 1991 hardtop with factory sunroof. Hopping to get this car finished this summer. I am thinking of going with more of a weekend track car look and feel with this car and not that drift/flush shit any more.

Last edited:

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
suprarx7nut;1826843 said:
As always, very interested in watching the build. :)

I thought the stock 2JZ turbos wouldn't fit in the mk3 engine bay?

Well as you can see in the pic there are some sitting in the car already. So they do fit.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Welcome back, Bor!!

GrimJack;1826822 said:
Stock radiator? How do you expect us to take you even vaguely seriously with that in there? ;)

oddly enough, I know a few people pushing 5-600whp on OE replacement rads with no issues.. In fact, the cooling is just fine :dunno:

I'm not saying that's the best way, but sometimes things work just fine lol

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Dylan JZ;1826885 said:
oddly enough, I know a few people pushing 5-600whp on OE replacement rads with no issues.. In fact, the cooling is just fine :dunno:

I'm not saying that's the best way, but sometimes things work just fine lol
Oh, they work fine enough... but they are uglier than the warts on the nose of the witch of the East. There's no way the OP would settle for warts in the engine bay.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
lol stop bring up the OE radiator. I already have a Koyo sitting next to the car.

I been thinking a bit today and I think I am also set on going straight to AEM EMS.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I know the V2 is much better than the V1. I have used Microtech, Wolf and now AEM. The software for the AEM is so easy to use and the ProEFI guys and even tuners say theirs is even easier.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
I was thinking ProEFI but it is out of my price range. I think I am going to try and find a second hand AEM EMS V1. But we will see what comes up the next few months.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
IBoughtASupra;1826984 said:
There is a guy selling a V1 right now on SF. I believe he wants 1030 plus shipping.

Ya I saw that. I am going to hold off because if I can come up with some money I may go ProEFI. I just have to budget this build right.

*edit* I am also looking in to the new AEM EMS - Infinity-10 that is coming out soon.

Last edited: