The (old) Official Gun Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
outofstep said:
The problem with 9mm in combat is that it's ball ammunition. That .355 size stays that big, no expansion. Even 45acp suck in ball. A nice gold dot, golden spear, HST, etc. bullet in 9mm will expand to .6X sizes.

I'd much rather have a 9mm with a decent bullet than a fmj 45.

True, that's why I carry HST's or regular Hydrashocks in both 9mm and .45! :evil2:

L

lanky189

Thanks for the links squid. I just bought 440 rnds of hungarian surplus..wicked cheap!

Here is a pic of my arsenal atm.. as I said before CVA Buckhorn Magnum .50 cal muzzleloader and also my 1916 Mosin Nagant "sporterized"
p385280_1.jpg

and heres a reference pic to show how damn tall that Mosin is.
p385280_2.jpg

L

lanky189

SP 7M said:
The M1 is a classic WWII rifle. I'm all about owning one of those.
yeah its huge...when its on my shuolder by the strap..the barrel doesn't go through doors.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Here's a bad pic, but it's my Saiga .308
Basically a Russian AK that shoots a more accurate round.
Probably between an AK and Dragunov in terms of accuracy.
Nice reticle illumination in the scope, that's for sure.
Saiga.jpg

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
Squid699 said:
M1's are 30.06 cal. In case you want to know ;)

30 is what was sticking in my mind, but I wasn't certain.

I wouldn't have any issues with owning a Thompson sub-machine gun, either. That's also a damn nice piece of WWII weaponry right there.

Anybody else ever shoot the XM-218 .50 cal (pictured below)?

Squid, I know you've shot a .50 cal before, but that was probably a M2, correct?

Attachments

• The PI March '03.jpg
    The PI March '03.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 32

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
SP 7M said:
30 is what was sticking in my mind, but I wasn't certain.

I wouldn't have any issues with owning a Thompson sub-machine gun, either. That's also a damn nice piece of WWII weaponry right there.

Anybody else ever shoot the XM-218 .50 cal (pictured below)?

Squid, I know you've shot a .50 cal before, but that was probably a M2, correct?

yeah, I've shot an M2 and an M60. I'll try to dig up the pics later tonight when I get home from work. After the M2's barrel would wear out, you could see the tracer rounds go into bigger and bigger spirals out of the barrel.

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
Squid699 said:
yeah, I've shot an M2 and an M60. I'll try to dig up the pics later tonight when I get home from work. After the M2's barrel would wear out, you could see the tracer rounds go into bigger and bigger spirals out of the barrel.
I've actually seen a barrel from a XM-218 that got so hot that it sagged so much that a round flew out the side of it. And that's not exactly what you want, you know?

I've also heard from some guys that when you shoot it enough, the barrel gets white and you can see the rounds travelling down it.

Status
Not open for further replies.