The (old) Official Gun Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Here is my Winchester 70 in .338 win mag I fuggin love this gun. Ive taken some nice deers with her.

p358400_1.jpg

Its got the bipod and a redfield scope and an "illegal" flash suppressor.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
Just got back from the range. My bud backed out on some of his weapons, but we're goin back out in a week or so. Everything's mine except for the FAL and the AR. My SBR'd AR15 isn't done yet (Damn supra keeps distracting me ;).)

Total count:
Glock 26 9mm 350 rounds (carry ammo and FMJ)
Glock 30 .45 cal 170 rounds (carry ammo and cheap JHP)
Colt Double Eagle .45 cal. 70 Rounds (cheap JHP and FMJ reloads)
Walther PPK/s .380 cal/9mm kurz 100 rounds (WWB FMJ)
Mossberg 590 12 gauge 20 shells (random assortment 3" mag to 2 3/4" target)
M1 Garand 30.06 cal. 130 rounds (FMJ reloads)
FN FAL .308 Cal ~15 rounds. Feed issues to be resolved for next time
Home Built AR15 .223 cal ~300 rounds (WWB and Guatamalen Surplus) LMT upper, colt M4 barrel and hand gaurds, mega lower, cmt bolt and lower kit, MIAD grip

Hopefully he'll bring more of his goodies (more M1's, K98, Mosin's, Glock 17, Beretta 96G Elite II, etc) next time. I think I'll bring my Remington 1187 Supermag Deer gun. Nothing like converting a semi-auto 12 gauge shotgun into a fully rifled .73 caliber rifle!

Pic1 (front to back): Glock 30, Glock 26, Walther, Colt
Pic2: Walther PPK/s
Pic3: Colt Double Eagle
Pic4: Mossberg 590
Pic5: M1 Garand

Last edited:

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
black87turbo said:
hmmm, poor quality?? i thought that they are still one of the most dependable weapons in the world.... Which would lead me to believe that their quality is actually pretty good??? ( i do not know that much about guns so if i say something that does not make sense or is dead wrong...please excuse my newbiness!!!) But i see what you are saying in terms of accuracy, I knew that they were not accurate but i figured that they would work pretty well if you just wanted to get some cover fire....

It's not really a quality issue per-se. It's a tollerances issue. Ak's are built very loose. It's this looseness that allows for error and less than ideal conditions. You can get very high quality parts and builds. But because there is so much play/tollerance within spec, it makes it hard to be accurate. Tight tollerances are what realy help in the accuracy department.

It's just a function of the design. Because it was designed to be so reliable, it lost accuracy.

That isn't always the case though. Keep in mind that the AK47 was designed during WWII and was limitedly fielded toward the end of it. It's old as hell. There are plenty of guns out there that have crazy reliability and crazy accuracy.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
black87turbo said:
hmmm, poor quality?? i thought that they are still one of the most dependable weapons in the world.... Which would lead me to believe that their quality is actually pretty good??? ( i do not know that much about guns so if i say something that does not make sense or is dead wrong...please excuse my newbiness!!!) But i see what you are saying in terms of accuracy, I knew that they were not accurate but i figured that they would work pretty well if you just wanted to get some cover fire....

There's a video floating around that shows the AK firing in slow motion. The barrel can visually been seen flexing. I'll see if I can find it.

If you want a highly accurate & durable AK variant, look at the Galil. Be advised though, they are not cheap, but they are worth the money.

Troyota

I Love What You Do For Me
Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
I just recently bought my first weapon. It's a Russian Makarov IJ70-18AH 9x18mm w/ adjustable sights and a 10 round high capacity magazine. It's a pretty cool gun. Not a bad buy for $100 I think. :D

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
lol...nice. bet the other kid's parents will love that when he shows up to trick-or-treat.

Goin to get my nice new Glock 36 now.....:)

jmanbball

Yellow Jacket
Apr 17, 2006
Hittin' the books at Tech
Any one got a Thompson submachine gun,fully auto? After I turn 21, I'm going to try and find one.Only problem is that it will be expensive as hell. Also, Its a pain in the ass to transfer one.

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
jmanbball said:
Any one got a Thompson submachine gun,fully auto? After I turn 21, I'm going to try and find one.Only problem is that it will be expensive as hell. Also, Its a pain in the ass to transfer one.

Good luck with that. A form 4 original tommy will run you 100K+. That's a house in some areas.

The cheapest full auto stuff you can get into are the MAC guns. Even then you are looking at 3-4k at the lowest.

Status
Not open for further replies.