Status
Not open for further replies.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
outofstep said:
The G30 is a great CCW peice in 45.

I carry mine infrequently. It's a kick-ass gun and I'm pretty accurate with it, but it's just a little too big for me to carry well unless it's in the winter. I always have my G26 on me, though. I'm picking up a G36 soon. I'll sacrifice a few rounds (versus the 30) for a .45 roughly the same size as a G26.

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
If you have one of the 2-3 pre-86s in existance, then yes. As long as you have a CCW it should be legal. State dependant I guess... ?

As to all the rest of the G18s out there. I don't know if post-samples can be CCW-ed. I doubt it. God I hate Regan for his 86 bullshit. You can bet your ass I would CCW a FA G19.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
hey great idea!

Questions about pistols...

I went to the range about a month ago now, and fired a few different guns... couple of .22's for fun, a Glock 19 (9mm) and a Glock 21 (.45)

The .45 felt really nice in my hand and it felt like it had a lot less recoil than the 9mm.

I'm looking to pickup a pistol just to have some fun with, take it to the range, out to the fields, etc. so I was wondering what more experienced gun owners would recommend. I've heard that beginers should not start with a .45 but that gun felt awfully nice in my hand...

just wanted some other input into what kind of guns I should look into before I buy one. This was the first time I shot a hang gun in all my 22 years :)

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
outofstep said:
If you have one of the 2-3 pre-86s in existance, then yes. As long as you have a CCW it should be legal. State dependant I guess... ?

As to all the rest of the G18s out there. I don't know if post-samples can be CCW-ed. I doubt it. God I hate Regan for his 86 bullshit. You can bet your ass I would CCW a FA G19.

Meh I wasn't even going to get into that. If there are any pre-86's out there, they would have to be an ATF form 4 transfer (background check w/finger prints, local police sign off and tax stamp purchase), as with all select-fire weapons. If I remember correctly, you can't have any NFA-regulated firearms concealed & loaded, as per federal law. This applies to post-samples too. Even then you'd have to be a class 3 SOT (or work for one) to have one in your posession.

Justin said:
hey great idea!

Questions about pistols...

I went to the range about a month ago now, and fired a few different guns... couple of .22's for fun, a Glock 19 (9mm) and a Glock 21 (.45)

The .45 felt really nice in my hand and it felt like it had a lot less recoil than the 9mm.

I'm looking to pickup a pistol just to have some fun with, take it to the range, out to the fields, etc. so I was wondering what more experienced gun owners would recommend. I've heard that beginers should not start with a .45 but that gun felt awfully nice in my hand...

just wanted some other input into what kind of guns I should look into before I buy one. This was the first time I shot a hang gun in all my 22 years :)

If it feels good, go for it. I love my G30 (with the exceptions I've already said) and it's big brother, the G21 is a great gun to have for home defense or target shooting. .45 ammo is usually more expensive than others like 9mm, but it is very manageable. Go try some more weapons and calibers and pick what you feel the most comfortable with. Just because someone else didn't start on a .45 doesn't mean you can't.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
thanks for the heads up, step. you mind getting me some of the shots/specs for comparison?

and holy shit, wouldnt it be kinda hard to conceal a desert eagle?

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Hey Outofstep -

1. Can you give me a quick rundown on what to look for and/or what to avoid when looking at a used pistol?

2. How are condition and ratings on used weapons determined?

3. What is the minimal rating: Good/VG/Excellent/Like New and/or %'age that you would be willing to buy?

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Here are just 2 of em. All the good ones are at my dads house or my uncles safe. My dad has our WWII collection that consists of multiple M1 Garands and M1 Carbines inluding an M1A1. A few fully auto as well(uncles house) but I cant technically mention that since I live in.... yeah.... -_-

This was my Grandmothers. Its an Itilian made derrenger like pistol. Its a 5.5 caliber and I have never shot it and probably never will
p357775_1.jpg

p357775_2.jpg

p357775_3.jpg

I have giant hands mind you.

This is in my room. Its a Lee Enfield No1 MK3(coincidence? =P) SMLE

It was made in 1913 and used in India(accquired from the markings)
p357775_4.jpg

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
Get acouple more long guns in before I have to head off to school today.

Two Remington 870 12 gauge magnum shotguns
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

My 3 .50 cal black poweder rifles
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Cetme (pos) 7.62x51/.308
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Lever action in 30-30
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Mini-14 5.56x45/.223
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Nagant 7.62x54r
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Mauser 8mm
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Ruger M77 in 300winmag. For when you realy want to reach out and touch someone. Shity camo tape over the stainless barrel from hunting season. haha
sm_photo_missing.jpg

My two 10/22 -22
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Mossberg 702 -22
sm_photo_missing.jpg

I'll post more later.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
foreverpsycotic said:
rak, is that an m4a1

Nope, it's a Colt AR-15 Sporter LightWeight, more commonly known as a CAR-15A2. M4's are government only, and anyone who tells you likewise is SOF. It came with an 16" A1 barrel, but I switched it to an 11.5" full chromoly bull barrel w/ 5.5? flash suppressor.

I'm getting ready to buy a flat top receiver, an M4 barrel & a SIR A.R.M.S. #50. That way, I can swap the whole upper in a matter of seconds & have a completely different weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.