Status
Not open for further replies.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
MDCmotorsports said:
Gun question of the week.

Im looking for a bolt action 44 magnum rifle or a 357 magnum bolt action rifle. Any body know of any thing out there?

Idk about that, but can't wait to get my custom rifle.... :naughty:

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
MDCmotorsports said:
Gun question of the week.

Im looking for a bolt action 44 magnum rifle or a 357 magnum bolt action rifle. Any body know of any thing out there?

Mind sharing why you are specifically looking for a rifle chambered for pistol ammo?

Ruger makes a bunch of .357 and .44 mag rifles.

Specifically look for the Ruger Hawkeye, M77 and M77 MKII rifles.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Clueless said:
andbody know about a 1931 Carbine Schmidt Rubin K31? I was told to buy one before they all disappear, I don't know anything about em.

I know of them, but not on a personal level.

Super accurate and incredibly well made is the reputation.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Clueless said:
andbody know about a 1931 Carbine Schmidt Rubin K31? I was told to buy one before they all disappear, I don't know anything about em.

Buy one now, Really. What an amazing firearm. I have trouble locating ammo for them sometimes tho.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Supracentral said:
Mind sharing why you are specifically looking for a rifle chambered for pistol ammo?

Ruger makes a bunch of .357 and .44 mag rifles.

Specifically look for the Ruger Hawkeye, M77 and M77 MKII rifles.

Indiana deer hunting regulations. Must be a .357 or larger diameter bullet with the case being 1.18 inches or longer and not longer than 1.60 (IIRC)

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Supracentral said:
I should have known government had something to do with it. I'm way too spoiled living in GA...

This would be killer:

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/FAProdView?model=6301

Yup! Thats what most of the guys around here are working with. I dont like the price tag on them though..... $700-1400 depending on who's done what to it.

I was hoping some where in the world some one was making a bolt action 44 mag or 357 mag rifle. I know handi rifle has single shot 44 & 357 mags, but Im not a real big fan of the handi rifle design.

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
Any of you guys have any experience with M1 Carbines? I've always had a love for them, and saw a few FS at the last gun show here, and am thinking about getting one if the price is right at the next show. It would be nothing more really than a personal enjoyment gun, to shoot at the range but I've never shot one so I don't have any first hand impressions.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
MDCmotorsports said:

You can be like me and have one built, or you yourself can buy parts such as stock, action, barrel, etc. and assemble yourself. I opt for somebody to do it for me since I've never done it before and wanting an accurate rifle.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
fstlane88 said:
Any of you guys have any experience with M1 Carbines? I've always had a love for them, and saw a few FS at the last gun show here, and am thinking about getting one if the price is right at the next show. It would be nothing more really than a personal enjoyment gun, to shoot at the range but I've never shot one so I don't have any first hand impressions.

This is the guy that's working my gun, he has a M1 deal on there...here's the link:

http://www.losokcustomarms.com/Garand Pricing.htm

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
M1's are great rifles (except if you don't get your thumb out of the way fast enough or you don't do it right)

you can get actual war ones that are pretty nice, but you have to make sure the barrel isn't worn out...

Status
Not open for further replies.