The new build! Ultimate 10 second street car!

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Devin LeBlanc;1791791 said:
Yes stock intake manifold and throttle body. Shawn had no problem going 9.44 on his 7m with stock manifold ;)

That's so awesome your motor is looking great i love the dark color look

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Yeah I have seen that one before. Mine is simpler and functions fine for what im doing.

Did some more measuring for the design on the cop setup. It will still work with the stock ecu, It will be plug and play direct bolt on setup, It will include a 6 channel igniter, and can still use it with the stock manifold and throttle cable bracket retaining cruise control.

There will also be a version available for those using the coil outputs on a stand alone that want to do their own wiring. It will include the mounting plate, 6 coils and 6 pigtails.

We haven't gone over a price yet but will be working on it once the first prototype mounting plate is made.

Im also going to be switching to the NA valve covers so I ran run a 3 inch pipe from the throttle body to the intercooler. Details on that will be posted soon as well.

88mk3supra

7M DEMON
May 23, 2009
Clayton,Ohio
hey Devin quick question not to jump off your thread but i may be buying a garrett 61mm turbo from a member n here to get rid of my 57 trim ct26 and i want to use the stock 7m exhaust manifold and run a external wastegate, what flange do i need to use on the t4 turbo? and ill have to make a downpipe too right? thanks and keep it up bro build is almost there!!

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I'd just go to a tubular man, they're really not expensive. I found mine on Louisville CL for $100 with a waste gate. lol

This made more sense imo for Devin because he had already gone external gate with his CT.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Quin;1792153 said:
I'd just go to a tubular man, they're really not expensive. I found mine on Louisville CL for $100 with a waste gate. lol

This made more sense imo for Devin because he had already gone external gate with his CT.

if you are keeping a long runner intake manifold aka stock it's best to keep the exhuast runners short

teh e bay ones well there really not the best i had one shoot shit into my turbo cost me like 300 to get new trubine wheel put on

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Devin LeBlanc;1791791 said:
Yes stock intake manifold and throttle body. Shawn had no problem going 9.44 on his 7m with stock manifold ;)

there is big reason why he is still running stock rooting and intake ect, his car is an auto same as yours, in 5 spd cars this extra piping really up set's on/off boost because of shifting and pretty much gives you limp dick throttle response

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Devin LeBlanc;1791979 said:
Did some more measuring for the design on the cop setup. It will still work with the stock ecu, It will be plug and play direct bolt on setup, It will include a 6 channel igniter, and can still use it with the stock manifold and throttle cable bracket retaining cruise control.

Hmmm. definitely interested as i was planing on going with the IS300 coils soon.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
NashMan;1792158 said:
there is big reason why he is still running stock rooting and intake ect, his car is an auto same as yours, in 5 spd cars this extra piping really up set's on/off boost because of shifting and pretty much gives you limp dick throttle response

that kinda sucks to here i really want to go FFIM but there so pricey but i don't think ill ever break into the 9's let alone 10's

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Turbo Habanero;1792194 said:
that kinda sucks to here i really want to go FFIM but there so pricey but i don't think ill ever break into the 9's let alone 10's

just build one and use tape to hold it together then when done get it welded together

88mk3supra

7M DEMON
May 23, 2009
Clayton,Ohio
thanks quin i just want to do the most practical thing i thought it would be cheaper to do the stock manifold i am looking for 450-500whp out of this 61mm and spool quick rev to like 7300k or so at max, my car will have cams soon and is a 5spd. on a stock intake manifold ported too.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Not much of an update.................................................... Okay big update.....

[video=youtube;XxJ23lYEDQI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XxJ23lYEDQI[/video]

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Damn you work fast! It was like a couple days ago when you developed that BHG haha. Congrats on the start up, it sounds healthy and ready to run 10's. Oh and the camera quality is GREAT!

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Thanks guys! Here is another two short videos

[video=youtube;oqKLbL-Vmvk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqKLbL-Vmvk[/video]

[video=youtube;HGuxIQG61VQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGuxIQG61VQ[/video]

Injectors came in today, Installed them and the fuel lines, slapped the wiring harness on with nothing but the Igniter, Injectors, TPS ,Coil packs and CPS hooked up. Bolted the Throttle body and ISC valve on, filled it with oil, removed the spark plugs and cranked until we got oil pressure and oil flow at the turbo feed and in the head. Installed spark plugs and gave it a shot. Fired right up!

Time to do the little stuff and get it buttoned up. Motor sounds GREAT!

Sparky33

Sep 13, 2010
NJ
if your still on the stock ecu, running the engine without the mass air is prob causing it to run really rich, which is a very bad thing for a brand new motor. you dont want those cylinder walls getting washed down. looks good though.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
I doubt it would run at all without the maf. I've blown intercooler pipes off before back when I had my 7m and the car would die and barely run.

Sparky33

Sep 13, 2010
NJ
Devin LeBlanc;1779322 said:
So here is the current list of specs

7MGE Block .20 over and Surface decked
7MGE Head, stock valves, surface decked, all valves lapped and checked for leakage. DDS Performance valve springs, seats and retainers. DDS Performance mild bowl job. Stock GE cams's, Adjustable cam gears
JE's 9.0:1 FSR Forged pistons 83.5mm .20 over, Slip fit wrist pins
Eagle H Beam Rods (ARP bolts) (Slip fit wrist pins)
Cometic 1.3mm Head gasket
Stock 6M crank (STD size Main and Rod)
Clevite 77 (NDC) STD Main, rod and thrust bearings
OEM Toyota Oil pump (shimmed 5mm)
OEM Toyota timing belt and pulley
RC Engineering 1200CC Injectors
GT35R .82 T3 Exhaust housing
Stock ECU W Greddy Emanage Blue and Lexus AFM
Stock Exhaust manifold with 38mm External wastegate, Open Dump
CNC CT26-T3 Adaptor
Stock Intake manifold
DDS Performance Custom Mandrel bent turbo back exhaust
DDS Performance Custom Mandrel bent and tig welded aluminum intercooler piping
Tial Q 50mm BOV
Stock A340E Auto trans (Custom shift kitted Valve body)
3000rpm re worked stall

Engine will be blueprinted internally with a micrometer and bore gauge. (I was taught to never use plastigauge unless I really have to) Cams will be degree'd with a degree wheel and dial indicator.

Will update as I go! List is looking nice :)

just going by what he has posted here, i assumed it was still a stock ecu. i did see a mention of megasquirt earlier, just thought he changed his mind. also popping an ic pipe is a little different than running the engine with the maf unplugged.