The METAL Or SILICON Accordion??

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
Fitment is an issue with the metalic. But... It looks better and I think sounds better (spool) . I mean after all, we are Supra owners so looks mean something, right poo?

Northbaysupra

BAY AREA MKIII
Mar 19, 2010
Petaluma
Im going to be using it with the Lexus Maf Body So thats why i was asking . I know its a Strugle geting it on the Stock Oem accordion.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
In that case, definately not the silicone as it's reinforced and won't stretch. The metal one will need a coupler that reduces from the lex AFM's size to the size of the tube they use.

Looks? Not like you can see it under the other pipes in the area, and it's not under any real suction (if your air filter is that much of a restriction you're in trouble...).

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Poodles;1573511 said:
Yes, but the silicone won't stretch to fit over the lex AFM because of the reinforcing...

Should do it easily Poo, I've always ran Silicone here for the Turbo>Air Filter and it's quite stretchy even at 4Ply.

Even if you go hardpipe it still needs couplers..

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
I am using a stainless steel one, but yes had to use a 3" to 3.xx" silicone 45 degree coupler - don't remember exact size, it also interferes with the PS pump reservoir a little so ended up moving it, but the one I am using also forced me to put air filter under headlight, as the Lexus AFM body is longer... It also does get pretty warm... if I did it again I would likely go with Silicone...

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The stock intake looks best when new. I have a picture of it in the build thread. Put it in the nice warm sun, and have a little bit of grease to slip it over the meter.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
IJ.;1573474 said:
Damn sight better than an Aluminium hardpipe in that area Dan ;)

Well i do have my IAT sensor mounted in a 3-4 inch long piece of aluminum 3 inch tube in between the intercooler outlet and the cold pipe with silicon couplers to combat heat soak ;)

Shows ambient temp (intercooler outlet) pretty much at all times other then hard boosting.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Nosechunks;1573667 said:
Well i do have my IAT sensor mounted in a 3-4 inch long piece of aluminum 3 inch tube in between the intercooler outlet and the cold pipe with silicon couplers to combat heat soak ;)

Shows ambient temp (intercooler outlet) pretty much at all times other then hard boosting.

Very different to a pipe that lives high in the engine bay on the Exhaust side of the motor Dan ;)