The Improved Slow66 Build Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Well, frankly my other build thread had a bunch of pictures of crap that i did that i either ended up changing or ditching all together. Well, I finally have my shit together and have a SET plan on how I am going to actually finish this thing. I had alot of stuff that i was going to do like a de-stroke, and run on methanol (which i will still do both eventually), but I want to actually DRIVE this thing at some point, so I'm going to run what I have on gas and just try and enjoy the thing. I've committed to working on the thing on a regular basis again, so i ahve some new progress as of today. So heres the whole build (3 years going....) in a quick rundown. Most of you have seen these already (theres some new ones at the end though :) ) but the goal is to have this thing make noise in the spring... I know, i know, thats what i said last year too....

Anyways heres the pics for those that may have not seen them before...

Started out life with me as a stock 87 turbo auto with a bad knock...and was promptly gutted completely.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Ordered some stuff up from a redneck catalog...

sm_photo_missing.jpg

And then got happy with a sawzall....

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Started fabbing...

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Roll cage time...

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Sprayed Purple....

p1122382_1.jpg

p1122382_2.jpg

Rear tinwork...

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Lexan...

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Cams. 288 duration 12.5mm lift. Stock on the left.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Got crazy and decided to tube the front, mostly for space. The fuel cell and turbo are mounted up front.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

*latest progress* Mounted up the turbo. It has been in 3 other spots before this. This one is permanent :)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Next up, header fab (again) and Intake manifold, with all these goodies...

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Stay tuned!!

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
For those that may be interested in the motor plans, here they are:

Old plans: Destroke, custom aluminum rods (which i have already and will sit on the shelf for a while) 11.5:1 compression, 3600cc injectors, Methanol, the cams i showed earlier, Big Stuff 3 engine management and dry sump oiling.

Plans i will go with so i can actually finish in this century: Stock crank, Pauter rods and Ross pistons ive had laying on the shelf from previous motor, same cams as above, 1600cc injectors, racegas, Big Stuff 3 engine management, and stock oiling (with improvements)

Trans is a powerglide with stright cut gears and a ~5500 stall converter and the Ford 9" w/ 4.30 gears and a 30" tire...

I think thats about it for now.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Darn it Bryan, I just used the last fully race preped stock crank I had. Send me your crank if you want me to fixed it up.

Nick Stonawski

Apr 2, 2005
Manhattan Beach
Its not real till i see it make a pass with my own eyes at SILV. There is no 7M on this planet that can produce more power than 300HP. i could only get 299.8 out of mine back in the day. Your clearly reading too many of those redneck magazines. :biglaugh:

Glad to see u get back on the horse. I'm really anxious to see this thing move already! And from an asthetic standpoint.... u know a turbo on the other side of the bumper would really balance things out too. :sarcasm:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Nick Stonawski;1122669 said:
Its not real till i see it make a pass with my own eyes at SILV. There is no 7M on this planet that can produce more power than 300HP. i could only get 299.8 out of mine back in the day. Your clearly reading too many of those redneck magazines. :biglaugh:
I'd call this a bit more than 300HP.

http://www.gtepowered.com/index.php?page=html/gcurmi/profile.php ;)

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
F&H Performance;1122530 said:
Looks great Brian, dont forget what we spoke about in texas you need anything, I mean anything make sure you call.

Will do!

suprakid24;1122556 said:
Subscribed, awesome build. Did you do all the tubing and stuff yourself? Again, that's awesome.

Everythign but the paint and machine work was done by me :)

suprarich;1122610 said:
Darn it Bryan, I just used the last fully race preped stock crank I had. Send me your crank if you want me to fixed it up.

Yeah, i gotta give you a call...I need a girdle too :) I just picked up some billet mains for a decent price...

Nick Stonawski;1122669 said:
Glad to see u get back on the horse. I'm really anxious to see this thing move already! And from an asthetic standpoint.... u know a turbo on the other side of the bumper would really balance things out too. :sarcasm:

Nick, I'm saving that for when i blow up the 7M a few times and then go to a 1/2UZ with twin 88s :naughty:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Great job Brian. Call me if you need any help degreeing your cams............;)

Noah, I bet their rental got better gas mileage............:biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.