The 7mgte Bolt-On Turbo Catalog

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
So I thought it'd be cool to finally catalog (with pics) all of the bolt-on turbos that have been manufactured for the 7mgte.

*** Please do not include ct-26's with larger compressor wheels and factory covers. ***

I"ll start :eek:

1. SupraSport Stage 3 60-1

SS Stage3 60-1 Far.jpg

SS Stage3 60-1 Tilt.jpg

SS Stage3 60-1 Rear.jpg

2. Turbonetics Hifi 62-1 Stage 5 w/ 4" compressor cover

Turbonetics T4 62-1 Close.jpg

Turbonetics T4 62-1 Far.jpg

Turbonetics T4 62-1 Rear.jpg

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Thought this thread would have a little more momentum.

Rather have mounted pics, but had to scrounge the net for these few. Beggers can't be choosers.

Keeping it going.

5. JT61GT Turbo 61mm GT35R compressor w/ Boss SS Turbine Housing

DSCI0016-1.jpg

6. Boss Lipp t04 (stage 5) with ITS compressor housing, rated at 650hp and specs 67mm in

2me1l45.jpg

w/ GTS Cover

boss2.jpg

7. Boss SR. stage 5, gts61, triple ceramic ball bearing

turbo.jpg

8. Frankenstein 5 Greddy TD06-20G (anyone have pics of the elbow to dp adapter?)

turbo.jpg

turbo.jpg

9. Real OG SupraSport Stage 3 60-1 and Stage 5 60-1 Both w/ 3" inlets

Stage 3 vs Stage 5.jpg

Last edited:

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Now I must ask, where can you still get these bolt on turbos??

Kinda the point of this thread. Other than what Piratetip has posted, they're all old school OG options. Not many come up for sale anymore. So if we don't post pics of them in this thread, once they are no longer hosted on the net, they're gone. :wtc:

Last edited:

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
Kinda of the point of this thread. Other than what Piratetip has posted, they're all old school OG options. Not many come up for sale anymore. So if we don't post pics of them in this thread, once they are no longer hosted on the net, they're gone. :wtc:

Gotcha, I am always searching through ebay for some hard to find parts. Even japan yahoo auctions has some cool stuff

suprapilot

Dec 30, 2014
Los Angeles Area
Comp Turbo is who makes them for Supra Sport and you can buy direct from Comp. The SP turbo is made by Precision and not sure if they sell direct?

Last edited:

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
The Turbonetics unit not sure if they make them anyone?

They are actually some of the rarest since Turbonetics only offered them for a couple of years in the early 2000's through the reseller Horsepower Freaks. I came across a price sheet for them (wish I kept it) where they offered a dozen different options including exhaust housings (3 different a/r's), turbines, compressor wheels, covers and even a ball bearing upgrade. With all of the options availabe, it's strange I've seen so few over they years.:dunno:

Pretty sure Grimjack's still running his Stage 3.

suprapilot

Dec 30, 2014
Los Angeles Area
Comp turbo was formed after a split at Turbonetics. I think they make different A/R CT housings as well. I should order one and throw it in the garage in case no more.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Comp turbo was formed after a split at Turbonetics. I think they make different A/R CT housings as well. I should order one and throw it in the garage in case no more.

Where does Comp turbo list the CT housing turbos?
Or do you have to contact them directly about it?

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Yeah I just called Comp turbo.

They said that product for the 87-92 supra was such a low volume item they discontinued it.

They don't have any more parts for them on the shelf either.
This is for the CT26 style bolt on turbine housing.
Even the casting mold was designed by them, they had the parts made at a foundry.
That's quite a big investment for something like this.

suprapilot

Dec 30, 2014
Los Angeles Area
Yeah I just called Comp turbo.

They said that product for the 87-92 supra was such a low volume item they discontinued it.

They don't have any more parts for them on the shelf either.
This is for the CT26 style bolt on turbine housing.
Even the casting mold was designed by them, they had the parts made at a foundry.
That's quite a big investment for something like this.

Dang that is sad! I should have grabbed it when they still made them! It was a cool option that looked stock and had a lot of options. Precision maybe still making them?? Not sure if they were better or worst then Comp?

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Yeah I called Precision as well.

They were very reluctant to give any information on this.
He mentioned SP offering a product and that they didn't sell any or know of any.
When I asked where SP was sourcing the custom made turbine housing he shut down and said even if they made it he wouldn't know anything about it.
Very Odd.

Maybe someone can find a individual at Precision that is willing to give out some more information.

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
That would be sweet.

Would be a shame if they threw it out.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
NIB Suprasport Boss Jr. 57 trim ball-bearing. I bought this when they made it clear this was going to be the last batch they planned to make. It also came in a 60-1 trim. For my goals, the 57 trim was what I needed. I also have the matching Lipp elbow.

IMG_3442s.JPG
IMG_3443s.JPG
IMG_3445s.JPG