that's a goofy place for the battery...

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
JustAnotherVictim said:
Are you going to put a heat shield in between the battery and dp/turbo or just leave it as is?

drjonez said:
the battery is a metal jacketed one....i'm not too concerned about it, but i will be building a nice n pretty Al heat shield.

:)

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
drjonez said:
yessir, you are dead on correct.

w/the ron r FFIM, you lose the stock battery mounting point. after careful consideration, i decided against relocating to the back. my car is designed to be LEGAL for all forms of motorsports....and a LEGAL relocation is a big headache.

lol, prior to posting that, i had read what you posted in the battery relocation threads, saw that and it makes alot more sense than running it to the back.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
i sean people pop them in the fender's on other cars to avoid rules and shit do you think the mk3 has eghough room ????? wiht proper battei to fit in it's place

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
That is soooo funny, especially when you consider that the only drawback to those Odyssey batteries is that they don't do well with heat! It's rated at 140deg f, but that is a much higher temp then I would want to expose it to.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
bigaaron said:
That is soooo funny, especially when you consider that the only drawback to those Odyssey batteries is that they don't do well with heat! It's rated at 140deg f, but that is a much higher temp then I would want to expose it to.

actually rated around 200F....

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
I thought you were goofing on someone else's car :icon_redf

I have talked to people who sell those batteries daily to racers of all types, and they say to mount it in a cool location, preferably not even in the engine bay. Although I did just look them up and see they have a high temp version I didn't know about.