TbcMorris' post fire CT build

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
Zerocool;1121091 said:
Great news now get on it man, and get an alarm installed asap :p...

I just finished putting one on actually! My boss hates it. It has vinration sensors so when people walk by or a big truck drives by it makes warning noises. It has a fuel cut switch now. And some other super secert tricks.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
tbcmorris;1130033 said:
unfortunatly the tumbler is a little worn out...any supra key:3d_frown: or any key probably. im not sure put the switch was intact.

curse of the honda :3d_frown:

its been a really big problem in denver.. for some reason the thieves key every piece of paint on the body and sometimes cut up the seats if they dont steal those too

i also found extra insurance in a clutch lock, while a friend was working these thieves were trying for 3 or 4 hours to get the lock off and only ended up with a bent clutch pedal heh only one of my friends who fixed up a honda that didnt lose their car

im glad you still have your engine though and it still runs hehe

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
Been working pretty hard on the car the last couple weekend. The new intercooler piping is done. I bought a tial bov and welded that on to the new piping.

Found a break in the temp gauge wirng so I ran a dedicated wire stright to it.

Finally with help from jetjock figured out the wiring isses with the stolen maf. The problem was I was using a wiring diagram from mitchel and it was wrong. I figured out the right wiring and its all set now.

Compresion tested the motor all cylinders were 130 so there goes any fear of motor damage.

Replaced intake manifold gaskets.

Smoke tested the car again no vaccum leaks,smoke tested the intercooler piping no leaks.

So basically its done....again. Oil pressure stays good,holds temp perfect, no leaks,idles perfect.

Took it up and down the road a cople times. She drives awesome.

Ill post some pics and maybe a vid later.

gtimportfanatic

Mk3 Addict
May 21, 2008
Hartford CT
hey man i'm glad ur build came out better than just another part out... i still need to get a proper alarm installed on mine..i was also curious to see if there was anyway u could run a compression test annd vacuum test on my car also.. kinda new to the whole supra scene so im not quite sure what to do with ALOT of things... i was also trying to do a hardpipe front mount setup.. where are u located in CT.. maybe we could do a little link up sometime when u are free..

Andre

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
gtimportfanatic;1141930 said:
hey man i'm glad ur build came out better than just another part out... i still need to get a proper alarm installed on mine..i was also curious to see if there was anyway u could run a compression test annd vacuum test on my car also.. kinda new to the whole supra scene so im not quite sure what to do with ALOT of things... i was also trying to do a hardpipe front mount setup.. where are u located in CT.. maybe we could do a little link up sometime when u are free..

Andre

Sure. I can definetly help you. Pm me your contact info.

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
small small update.

alot of little boring things have been put togther the last couple weeks. body stuff, lights, coolant resioir yada yada. i did start finishing the kit and gave the car its first bath in 10 months. this weekend the pinstiping come off and maybe the fron lp.i am fabricating mounting braket to mount 89 and up lips on pre 89 cars if anyones interested.

pics are from my phone sorry:3d_frown:

p1153691_1.jpg

p1153691_2.jpg

a couple local guys came down and chilled for a little. had to snap a pic.

:biglaugh:

p1153691_3.jpg

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
Just read the whole thread. I can't believe all you have gone through with this car. My jaw dropped when I read that it was stolen. Its amazing you got it back in the condition it was in..

Nice work btw. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed the read.

tbcmorris

Mar 14, 2007
i just have a few pics for now. i parked it for the winter. i am contempating selling the built motor. i have started to get the 2j ready. just havent decided if it will go in this car or a new chassis. anyway:

p1173152_1.jpg

about a month ago and a half ago. everythings cleaned up and finished this was lke 90 percent done.

p1173152_2.jpg

p1173152_3.jpg

Low

p1173152_4.jpg

thats all i have now. prokect rebuild burnt car complete...project 2j that bitch next maybe???

gtimportfanatic

Mk3 Addict
May 21, 2008
Hartford CT
oh dude.. the kit makes that shit sicknasty sexy lol.. i wish i had the lottery winnings.. i would take that 7M lol. but g/l on the sale bro, hopefully someone picks it up so the JZ can go in..