sway bars how do i put one in

suprakid11

Feb 3, 2007
coopersburg,Pennsylvania
im guessing that its just a simple bolt on, but i dont know what to do with the TEM system, and i dont really know what the shock will be like and i want to keep the TEM system but i want the sway bar. advise

EdgeSupra

Feb 19, 2006
New Jersey
TEMS has to do with your dampers. Putting a sway bar in doesn't alter that in anyway.
You'll notice a big improvement in handling.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
There are minimal Steering/cornering forces going through the Towers and the layout of most strut bars/braces isn't triangulated so they're a total waste of time and money other than the placebo effect they're useless.....

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
IJ. said:
There are minimal Steering/cornering forces going through the Towers and the layout of most strut bars/braces isn't triangulated so they're a total waste of time and money other than the placebo effect they're useless.....

So you're saying I wasted my $39.00?

Damn! I knew I shoulda got that fake carbon fiber hood scoop instead...

suprakid11

Feb 3, 2007
coopersburg,Pennsylvania
so your sayin the strut bar is useless i wanted to put one in cuz i live in a rather a country area and there a tons of turns and because i wanted to keep up with my friends bmw 525i and he can fly through turns

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
suprakid11 said:
so your sayin the strut bar is useless i wanted to put one in cuz i live in a rather a country area and there a tons of turns and because i wanted to keep up with my friends bmw 525i and he can fly through turns

One word: Shocks, springs, poly bushings and sway bars.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Jaguar_5 said:
That's one word?

Indeed. Although, I suppose I should have said "one thing". Any one of those will make a difference where an old car is concerned, all of them and you'll stick to the road like that surgical adhesive they play with in underground fetish clubs.