Supra's in some recent mags

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
Hey guys just thought that i would post this up in case any of you are interested. In the April 2012 issue of Super Street there is a MKIII (White, 87, from NY) and MKIV (Red, 97, from TX) supra in the readers rides on page 81. They also talk about the possible chance of a Supra resurgence on page 17. Furthermore, in the April 2012 Import Tuner there is mention of a MKIII in the next issue in the JZ-powered everything letter on page 10. Not sure if any of the aforementioned vehicles are anyone on this site but it may still be worth a look.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Needs more low in front and the front end is too busy IMO.
How long after you sent them the pic was it published?

hidenplanvew

Feb 4, 2012
Colorado
lower front, Maybe swap back to a stock (with a lip) or or stock ish looking bumper... that bumper is alittle to curvy for a mkIII, they should be more square to flow well

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Only thing I would pick on is the non matching reds.....From the wheels, to the intake, strut bar, and then in the hoses to the catch can......it's 4 different reds. Other than that it's a great looking car. I friend requested you after liking it.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I don't like that style bumper on a MKIII, but the rest of the car is nice. If you don't like a stock bumper, the greddy bumper is nice.

1272396841361613.jpg

Sort of related... but did you see the flat black 1G RX7 with the RB26 in that issue? I really liked that car for some reason. Not just the paint either. I can't help to think a 1JZ would have fit better though.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Jeeez people, it's the guys car. If you like it, say something. There is no need to say, I don't like this this and this but nice car. Does it really make sense posting a comment of that sort.

If he asked what you think, sure, but he hasn't, so either don't post if you will say what you don't like or post a congrats on getting in the magazine.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
If anyone's interested, I just read in Import tuner magazine that they will be doing an article on a mkIII, as well as JZ conversion stuff, in next month's issue.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I wouldn't have said anything, but he asked. The reason he asked for opinions was because Super Street said the car didn't flow well or something like that. I'm not throwing stones or anything.

Personally, I don't think SS should post their opinions ("mods that should have been done") of readers rides cars. If they don't like it, don't publish it. No need to put their subscribers cars down in such a public way.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
destrux;1809327 said:
I wouldn't have said anything, but he asked. The reason he asked for opinions was because Super Street said the car didn't flow well or something like that. I'm not throwing stones or anything.

Personally, I don't think SS should post their opinions ("mods that should have been done") of readers rides cars. If they don't like it, don't publish it. No need to put their subscribers cars down in such a public way.
Good point, that seems kinda like shooting themselves in the foot. "We don't like your car, but you're paying for our magazine." Who thought that was a good idea to have commentary on a subscriber's car? Isn't that the Maxx Autoworks bumper, kinda Evo-VI looking, isn't it?

MPR

John 3:16
Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Sport Compact Car magazine was BY FAR the best tuner magazine that ever was. I would read their magazines cover to cover every month and always learned a ton about tuning and building fast cars from each issue. They were truly dedicated to those who were on a budget but also wanted to build something fast/unique out of what they had available. They supplied real-world tips and information for doing just that. Also, they never ever said anything negative about any readers-rides.

May SCC mag R.I.P. :(

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
destrux;1809112 said:
Sort of related... but did you see the flat black 1G RX7 with the RB26 in that issue? I really liked that car for some reason. Not just the paint either. I can't help to think a 1JZ would have fit better though.

Chris is a super cool guy! Funnily enough he enjoys making ricer boys mad by bringing his car out to the street on the weekends and not racing the drag-prepped Hondas. I don't think I've ever seen so many people get so butthurt in real life! He was just chill and refused calmly with the added jab of his car was a legit street car. So funny!

I think the RB fits perfectly in that car simply because its easier to make it look stock (wrinkle pain on everything so it looks bone stock)

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
MPR;1809404 said:
Sport Compact Car magazine was BY FAR the best tuner magazine that ever was. I would read their magazines cover to cover every month and always learned a ton about tuning and building fast cars from each issue. They were truly dedicated to those who were on a budget but also wanted to build something fast/unique out of what they had available. They supplied real-world tips and information for doing just that. Also, they never ever said anything negative about any readers-rides.

May SCC mag R.I.P. :(

Agreed.