SupraRon's Refreshment

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
You're right about the hissing sound. It's just fuel flowing through the rail/fuel system. From here, short it again and look down low for leaks too. Your nose is the best tester when it comes to fuel leaks. You don't smell no gas.....you're probably good to go! :)

Glad you got her sealed up!

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
You're right about the hissing sound. It's just fuel flowing through the rail/fuel system. From here, short it again and look down low for leaks too. Your nose is the best tester when it comes to fuel leaks. You don't smell no gas.....you're probably good to go! :)

Glad you got her sealed up!

Thanks Ken. Well I checked again today by shorting the pump and looked for leaks. Couldn't find anything up above or down below. I'm pretty confident everything is all sealed. I buttoned everything else up. Gonna fill the coolant and fire her up tomorrow. I'll be sure to have a video.

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
Well she won't start and I'm guessing its either the timing or there is no spark. It just cranks and cranks, but won't start. Video is below:

[video=youtube;BFLA7omqBYA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFLA7omqBYA[/video]

Last edited:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
There was one spark of life at the beginning of the vid. That has me leaning towards timing. Double check all of your timing marks including the CPS.

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
Thats what I thought. So I checked it, brought #1 piston to TDC and then went clockwise about 5* to make the notch mark on the crank pulley line up with the 0* mark on the timing belt cover. Removed the CPS and confirmed the notch marks are aligned. Reinstalled the CPS. Now I'm getting a spark on every crank just not starting. However, reading over Shaeff's Article it looks like I missed the step to turn the CPS one tooth in the opposite direction. I will try that in the morning and see what happens.

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
That I didn't check, but I went out to check it today.

p1606393_1.jpg

p1606393_2.jpg

p1606393_3.jpg

This time around I installed the CPS with the cover off to see how it was aligned. I tried to start it up and still no go. Just cranking, but not starting. Anything else I could be missing??

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
Well after much fiddling and once again relying on Vic for his expertise, she STARTS!!!!!!! If you look at the bottom pic in my post above, I had the CPS positioned one tooth backward so that the tabs lined up. Vic shifted it one tooth forward and the startup was successful. I'll get a vid of it tomorrow as its too dark out now. I'm like a kid in a candy store! :D

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
johnd;1606694 said:
Awesome Ron! can't wait to see it this weekend:).

Thanks John. Be sure to holla at me!

CajunKenny;1607077 said:
It's about time!!! ;)

Good Job Ron!

You know, you are soooo right! :)

Thanks Ken. Wouldn't be even half way done if it weren't for you. :bowdown:

Bit of an update: Discovered a couple more leaks on the coolant system. Up around the heater hoses by the firewall. Apparently you're supposed to tighten the clamps! :) Got the timing set to 10*. Got the bumper on. I got to take her for a drive this evening and it felt great to feel boost again. :D I have a video of the startup, but the batteries for my camera died so I'm charging them now and will have it up by tomorrow. I promise.

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
As promised:

[video=youtube;unnW9AYF8_s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unnW9AYF8_s[/video]

Last edited:

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
GC89;1607436 said:
Rockin the white Nike's

So Fresh

LOL. Oh yeah!! My wife wasn't impressed that I was wearing my clean shoes to work on the car. They're not so clean anymore. ;)

CajunKenny;1607524 said:
Woo Hoo!!!

Why I didn't hear the ISC Clicking...? :sarcasm: I hope it was the camera's fault. ;)

I'm gonna have to check that out. Nice catch. What is the likelihood of it being faulty?

Last edited:

peter551984

Aug 16, 2008
Puerto Rico
I'm really confused... I put all on 0 and how do I put the ignition on time... I really put enough pressure of fuel on it... but they tell me that if I don't put the motor on time it wont have a spark and the inyector won't pulse... i REALLY NEED HELP